WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Hoping you can help me out. Came across this posting for a 1965 Omega De Ville "Aviation" watch. Love the look of it but is my understanding correct that they took an original De Ville and created a design that is not authentic/original to Omega? That they painted the "aviation" dial onto the original?

Love the watch but want to make sure i know what I'm looking at.

1965 Vintage Omega Seamaster de Ville Pilot Watch 34mm for Men | eBay

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Oh, the humanity!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
When you say "they painted the "aviation" dial onto the original?" do you mean the seller or Omega? If it's the seller, which I'm guessing, then I would not touch that watch with a cattle prod. If Omega did that, and you have provenance to that effect, then maybe. But if you like it and the price for such a watch doesn't bother you, then get it. I just don't get why anyone would do that to a vintage Omega.

·
Registered
946 Posts
What you're looking at is a mess, and a badly done mess at that. The printing is poor.

Yes, it's a redial - the seller states this. No such genuine Omega model existed. This used to be a nice, normally-dialed De Ville (presumably). Now it's ...well,...not much at all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. While I do like the overall design I agree that it's not executed very well. Originality is definitely more important to me than a modern interpretation so I'm going to pass on this one. Appreciate the quick response!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts