WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my late father left me an Omega watch and I've been trying to find out information on it. I've been told that it is 9k gold but that the bracelet on it is not original, there are no markings regarding serial # or calibre on it and I am very loth to take the back case off for obvious reasons, any help would be greatly appreciated
2018-11-06 16.53.20.jpg 2018-11-06 16.53.44.jpg 2018-11-06 16.53.29.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,496 Posts
What are the reasons that you don't want to remove the back? It's certainly not obvious to me. Everyone shows photos of the inside, since that's where the useful information is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are the reasons that you don't want to remove the back? It's certainly not obvious to me. Everyone shows photos of the inside, since that's where the useful information is.
I don't know how to

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I don't know how to
Take it to a watchmaker, they know how to. And they don't charge anything for opening and closing a case (if they do, run like hell).

Reactions: gxhall

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It must be the lighting - I have been told it is 9k case

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
It must be the lighting - I have been told it is 9k case
9ct (0.375, or - to put it simply - 37.5% gold content in the alloy) was typical for British-made cases, usually by Dennison. Once you have a watchmaker open it for you, take sharp and clear pics of the movement, and of the inner side of the case back (where all the relevant case markings are). All inscriptions, numbers and hallmarks need to be legible. Then we'll be able to tell you more.

Reactions: Dan S

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with all of the above but would add that the dial looks 50s to me and as it's an automatic it could be a nice bumper in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts