WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Fellows, I need your help in a hurry please, I have to make a choice before this monday !!!
I have an Omega Speedmaster Automatic (reduced), in very good condition. I like the watch but lately I´m a bit bored of him, mainly because it doesn´t have date function. I´ve found an Omega X-33 NIB (but 1st generation). Its price is very good and they accept muy old "Speedy" as part of pay. I know the X-33 is amazing, very difficult to get, used by NASA astronauts, and bla, bla, bla. You may say "go for it, you can get a new reduced later", but truth is that I can´t afford two watches of this price, it is one or another !!! What would you do ???
I need to make my decision before this monday !!!
Thank a lot guys !!!

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
There have been three occasions in the last month where I have seen a gen 1 X-33 sell for under $900. One in the last week even, so I would consider the Speedy reduced an even trade for a Gen 1 X-33, not in addition to cash from you. If anything, he should be giving you cash. My opinion though.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Dear Fellows, I need your help in a hurry please, I have to make a choice before this monday !!!
I have an Omega Speedmaster Automatic (reduced), in very good condition. I like the watch but lately I´m a bit bored of him, mainly because it doesn´t have date function. I´ve found an Omega X-33 NIB (but 1st generation). Its price is very good and they accept muy old "Speedy" as part of pay. I know the X-33 is amazing, very difficult to get, used by NASA astronauts, and bla, bla, bla. You may say "go for it, you can get a new reduced later", but truth is that I can´t afford two watches of this price, it is one or another !!! What would you do ???
Thank a lot guys !!!
Guess u better not do that to your Speedy. As far as I know if you sell it you will get a lot more than X-33 NIB although yes it can be happened that the wearer gets bored with the watch from time to time.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
X-33 in a heartbeat!!!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thank a lot guys !!!
I would definitely go for it. Some might not agree but my humble opinion is that the Speedy reduced/automatic has always been a less desirable watch as compared to the Speedy Pro and the editions.

X33 is a different matter, though its two very different watches the Reduced and the X33, it's probably getting hard to find a NIB X33 in future.

Although you mentioned you can only have one, I think its just its a matter of time before you get the Speedy Reduced back into your collection, or even the Speedy Pro instead.

Plus, you'll get the card too :-d

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

My choice: go with the X-33. I got a Gen 1 not that long ago and flown with it. It's a great tool. If you realy want a speedmaster,wait to buy a speedy pro like I did this week.

Cheers,

·
Registered
279 Posts
I' d go teh X-33 all the way.. I have a 1st Gen and it's really a great watch, tool-watch or whatever they call it

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Johns photos will convince you.........

There should be no doubt in your mind which one is the clear winner here. Speedy reduced are a fine watch, but, to me, not in the same league as the Pro or X-33. I'd have no problem making that decision. Enjoy your new watch! David

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thank a lot guys !!!
I wouldn't hesitate to get the X-33, first generation, over the Reduced. How much additional cash does the seller want?

Best Regards,
Jeremy

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
If you can "emotionally" let the Speedy go - cause its a great watch - then yeah, go for it. I love mine, and would never sell it.

Its an very impressive watch. Probably the best pilots watch ever made; if you like it, buy it!

Alex;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts