WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
No offense taken.
lets say (for argument sake) that this pigmentation does not have any impact on your body. Is it ok to sell a product that leave pigments on your skin ? didn't they have enough time to test/run some tests on the watch before releasing it? i mean its not like customers were knocking on the doors of the swatch factory asking about their moonswatch.

where is swatch from all this? , don't they see the videos and the pictures online about the dye leak, or are they still busy uploading the pictures and videos of the massive crowds that they created outside their shops while people waited.
They'll fix it no doubt in future batches. I'd also imagine they'll take the current ones back if someone brings it for a refund

·
Registered
5 Posts
My thoughts are the following (And I mean no offense to anyone)

I worked as a sign writer for a large part of the 90's, so I wouldn't be worried about some staining on the wrist.
But todays younger generation include a lot of snowflakes, and many a theory will be born from this "pigment gate"
I couldn't agree more. Why not try cleaning it before wearing it around?

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
OP, I am so grateful that you warned us about the potentially lethal ramifications of wearing a plastic watch. Your post lists numerous peer-reviewed scientific studies and we should therefore all be justifiably terrified.

Now if you'll excuse me, I will go on with my day which involves sitting in front of a screen for prolonged periods of time, little to no exercise, a diet high in processed foods and saturated fats, and of course excessive consumption of alcohol.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts

·
Registered
The one I'm wearing, it changes.
1,400 Posts
Many concerning reports have appeared about the MoonSwatch in the last few days since the release. The case seems to bleed pigment on the skin.

This could be a health risk issue. The blue is mixed with the resin which the case is made off. Meaning that the pigment bleeding issue could mean that the skin can soak this up, meaning that it will also soak up the chemicals which the plastic material is made off and this can find its way into your blood system. What are your thoughts.

21 - 40 of 150 Posts