WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When will you say that you have reached "OMEGADOM"?

Upon having a "Grail" watch in your collection? - which watch would it be?
or upon having amassed a huge number of watches?
or upon having met all the omega ambassadors?
or yourself being the next James Bond?

or what else then you'd be truly satisfied with your Omegamania?

(The only persons i know would be John Wilson + Jimmoose - you both have attained Omegahood, in the state of Omegadom for now. :-!) Have i missed out anyone else?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hi Frog - well, here's a thought on that from the Heartland of America. Perhaps I've already arrived.
For my part, I'm very content with the few watches that I have, and I guess I'll add as desired. But more than that, and perhaps equally enjoyable to the ownership of watches, is the enjoyment of the acquaintances and friendships here in cyberspace where we have a few laughs with friends from all over the world, and collectively sit on a mountain of information and help that is freely shared. Yep, I like that part a lot, and you're a part of it. Maybe that's a big part of what Omegadom is about for me. Best, John

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Trojan,

but we;re the Omegamanics in the Omegadom waiting to get in!
yes, i actually agree that not so much is about the watch, but actually sharing the experiences and making new acquaintances, learning new things. the watch, is just one part of it.

Cheers. |>

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I'm content with my Omega collection. I've got pretty much all the Omega's I want. In order to add the watch I really would love to "cap" the lot off, I'd have to rob it from the museum in Bienne!!

On a serious note, the next watch I'll buy won't be Omega. Not because I've gone off them or anything like that, I just want to explore the other avenues available to a collector in this amazing hobby! A nice Grand Seiko is something I've considered for a long time, but who knows...

So many watches, so little time:-!

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I have absolutely no idea. If it's a matter of owning a ton of watches, it's not me. If it's a question of knowledge, I still have a lot to learn. If it's having a passion for and deep interest in the brand, its history, its past and future, then maybe.

We're fortunate to have a forum of very diverse interests, here. Some people's interests are in simply purchasing, wearing, and admiring the aesthetics of Omegas. Others are interested in the mechanics and craftsmanship of mechanical watches. Others interests lie in the history of the brand, it's vintage models and movements.

I'd say that most of us have a pretty serious interest in Omega, to just hang around here and carry on this type of discussion. "Omegadom?" I have no idea, but I'm sure I'm happy to be wherever I am.

eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts