WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago, I snagged this box off of eBay:

I don't recall what I paid for it but one recently sold on eBay for almost $500!

Mine has been packed away since I bought it but was rediscovered when we moved four months ago.

This made me think about other Omega items I have accumulated over the years for which I have little use; i.e., my two Omega straps - the perforated racing and the black shark. Both are beautiful straps but I have only worn the racing once that I can remember and the shark maybe three times.

I'm beginning to think my wife is correct when she says "If you haven't used something for six months, you don't need it - get rid of it."

Do any of you have "watch stuff" around and wonder why you have it?

Fr. John+

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank God your not an Invicta collector cause I don't think you'd look good with the Invicta cufflinks.
YIKES!

You just reminded me.

I have a couple of Omega cuff links somewhere still packaged up.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Not so much "stuff" but several watches that I never bother with...
When I started out repairing watches I would buy bulk lots and work on anything in them.... As a consequence I have dozens of watches, that I never wear, everywhere in the house.... These are dollar watches to names like Helbros, Waltham, Gruen, Hamilton. Every once in a while I run into these when digging through a drawer and determine to clear these out. This lasts until I close the drawer and forget.....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
John,

what watch box is that? for a LE Speedy?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John,

what watch box is that? for a LE Speedy?
I don't know for what purpose the box was issued. Perhaps soomeone on the forum recalls when and why.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
$500!!! for a box... it´s just insane.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Christmas just got even better! :-d

My "Crater Box" sold on eBay last evening for $513 plus $30 shipping!

Now I can bail my 166.010 Seamaster out from being serviced by my watchmaker and have some $$ left over for mama.

I just wish I had bought up a bunch of these when they were selling for less than $100 a few years back. Who would have believed that these cheap cardboard "give away" boxes would be selling for $500 today?

Fr. John+

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That's Omegamania for us! :-!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Crazy price!!!

That being said I shoulda bought it from you when you had it for sale here.

It would have gone nicely with my 105.012...

·
Premium Member
12,970 Posts
I think its is more a 1968/1969 speedy box. Nice box btw

1 - 14 of 14 Posts