3,447 Posts
You have gone over to the dark side!!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Does this mean that Quartz watches have now started slipping into the realms of 'Vintage'?

Will I look back on this day in 30 years (when we are all arguing over the authenticity of a Casio).... and rue this day!

Reactions: joeuk

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
well trim what can i say, if you ask all forum members here I bet they ALL have a secret quartz somewhere, and if they don't they are liars

·
Registered
18,169 Posts
:-d

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its now official now folks :-!

well trim what can i say, if you ask all forum members here I bet they ALL have a secret quartz somewhere, and if they don't they are liars
Yes, I expect so. But this one is for my collection, and not a beater. I never expected to find one I found interesting.

Does this mean that Quartz watches have now started slipping into the realms of 'Vintage'?

Will I look back on this day in 30 years (when we are all arguing over the authenticity of a Casio).... and rue this day!
Yes. Yes you will. You will rue this day, and it was all my fault :-d

It happened to the local car guys. The local Vintage car club used to have a 30 year rolling age requirement. When they hit the mid 1970s for eligibility (so around 2006) they freaked out because Japanese cars started showing up, and they set the age requirement to 1976 (fixed not rolling).

Anyway, you'll have to trust me when I say - not all quartz were created equal and some are actually, believe it or not, worthy of interest.

Believe me, I was rather surprised myself.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
It happened to the local car guys. The local Vintage car club used to have a 30 year rolling age requirement. When they hit the mid 1970s for eligibility (so around 2006) they freaked out because Japanese cars started showing up, and they set the age requirement to 1976 (fixed not rolling).
I found it odd that most of the "vintage" or "classic" car shows I've run into always seem to have a few PT Cruisers thrown in.
I don't care how old they look, they're not vintage...yet.

Everything is limited edition.
Everything will one day be vintage.
And if it sticks around even longer, it'll be an antique.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
And this is supposed to be a clue for us mechanical watch oldtimers??? It could have been taken from the inside of your mobile phone... :-x

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Erik, you made me laugh. Although I admit this very nice bottle of Five Flax Sauvignon Blanc may have contributed to my ebullience.

Ah, but the things you can see...

Its a discrete IC not a simple transistor or SMD device. The style of the resistors should give you an idea of era. The crystal is massive and there is a conventional train wheel peeping in the top right corner.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,040 Posts
Mine's not secret. It's a big gold chunky funky mid 1970s DataTime LED.

Getting back on track... Trim, I've no idea what your new watch is, but the picture so far is looking pretty interesting.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts