WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking a picture of my cupboard for one of the threads and found a yellow old watch pouch. I opened it and my eyes almost popped! Inside is an old gold Casio watch that I can't for the life of me ever remember buying. First off, it's not a G-Shock and secondly, it's a metal bracelet which I hate, but most importantly, it's GOLD... I hate gold watches, what the hell possessed me to buy this thing. Anyway, I don't know a thing about this model except it's ugly and small and dead and did I mention GOLD!!! Anyone here knows anything about old gold Casio watches?

I'm gonna pop a battery in it to see if it still runs and then I'm gonna find an old uncle or old relative and dump it on them for Christmas, ha ha ha :-!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Found a data sheet for this on CasioVintage.org.

Model Number:31QGR20

Original RRP: 69.95

Released: 1977/01/01

Module: QW31

Battery: 392

Sheesh!!! Released in 1977??? This is 30 years old, wah ha ha ha, I can't believe it. Looks damn good for a 30 year old - hope it still works. :-! But still ugly as hell!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
You might get enough for that on ebay to buy something... less gold. ;-)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I think that model's quite rare in gold. Stick a battery in it and see what happens. There is a group of Casio vintage collectors that seem to focus on Casiotrons so you should be able to sell it fairly easily.

Nice find :-!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I'd say it should sell, I've been looking at some late 70's early 80's Seiko and Citizen LCD's and they seem to sell pretty well in no condition near like what you have. Whatever you do with it, let us know. BTW, maybe it was a bad "trip" that caused you to buy that one.. haha. just kidding..

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
You reckon he'd get more than what it costs to get a new battery?
Yep, 30 years old, looks in good condition. If it works I think it'll be worth putting on ebay.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
That be a cool vintage, if I found one, I would put in a battery and display it for a laugh, or maybe sell it and use the funds to buy another watch.

I remembered I had the normal ss version in primary school.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I'm gonna pop a battery in it to see if it still runs and then I'm gonna find an old uncle or old relative and dump it on them for Christmas, ha ha ha :-![/quote]

-------------:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d--------------

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, thanks guys for all the suggestions. I'll see if it works and as suggested, maybe put it up for sale ya? Also, thanks for not being too harsh on me, I still can't remember buying it or whether someone gave it to me, but if I did buy it, I plead temporary insanity.:-!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hey, thanks guys for all the suggestions. I'll see if it works and as suggested, maybe put it up for sale ya? Also, thanks for not being too harsh on me, I still can't remember buying it or whether someone gave it to me, but if I did buy it, I plead temporary insanity.:-!
That's ok GameBoy2Go : we've all been through a pimp phase :-d

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi,

I also still have one of those. It was my first Casio I got when I passed some year in school back in the '70s. I'll dig it up and post a pic. It is much more abused that your fine specimen :)

Pieter

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
That's ok GameBoy2Go : we've all been through a pimp phase :-d
The new 'pimp' just doesn't involve as much gold.

Coincidentally, I was just drooling at a gold IP G-Shock, but the colour is much more subdued and brassy...or so I keep telling myself. :think:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts