WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The below link can take you there. An excerpt from the listing is listed below the link.... Starting bid 1330 (US Dollars). Maybe one of you guys are up for it. I'm slightly considering it...., but it'll be interesting to see wear the price goes. (FYI: watch is located in Australia)

http://cgi.ebay.com/STOWA-Limited-Edition-FLIEGER-WATCH-Number-77-100-BNIB_W0QQitemZ320386917531QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Watches?hash=item4a988c649b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1326|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

"STOWA LIMITED EDITION HAND-WIND AIRMAN FLIEGER: No 77 / 100 PIECES. 2 STRAPS INCLUDED

Rare & scarce (this edition sold out in 55 MINUTES !!!!)

SOLD OUT EDITION & GUARANTEED TO BE THE ONLY ONE CURRENTLY ON OFFER ANYWHERE.

Amazing pedigree for the company: during the 1940s, only five companies made the original pilot watches for german aviaton: IWC, A. Lange & Sohne, Laco, Wempe and STOWA.

Watch is still in original packaging; only took it off the cradle to take the wrist shot. Light mark on the strap from metal bracket & storage (see pic). Timepiece was in the safe since delivery from STOWA in April 2009.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The below link can take you there. An excerpt from the listing is listed below the link.... Starting bid 1330 (US Dollars). Maybe one of you guys are up for it. I'm considering it...., but it'll be interesting to see wear this auction goes. (FYI: watch is located in Australia)

http://cgi.ebay.com/STOWA-Limited-Edition-FLIEGER-WATCH-Number-77-100-BNIB_W0QQitemZ320386917531QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Watches?hash=item4a988c649b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1326%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

"STOWA LIMITED EDITION HAND-WIND AIRMAN FLIEGER: No 77 / 100 PIECES. 2 STRAPS INCLUDED

Rare & scarce (this edition sold out in 55 MINUTES !!!!)

SOLD OUT EDITION & GUARANTEED TO BE THE ONLY ONE CURRENTLY ON OFFER ANYWHERE.

Amazing pedigree for the company: during the 1940s, only five companies made the original pilot watches for german aviaton: IWC, A. Lange & Sohne, Laco, Wempe and STOWA.

Watch is still in original packaging; only took it off the cradle to take the wrist shot. Light mark on the strap from metal bracket & storage (see pic). Timepiece was in the safe since delivery from STOWA in April 2009.
A wee bit on the expensive side IMHO for a watch that was around €500 IIRC.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was just about to post this because it came up on one of my eBay searches - but you beat me to it! Will be interesting to see whether he gets his price. Considering that you can't get a hand wind Flieger from Stowa for love or money right now, he might just get his price.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for the headsup, though I'm not thinking of going for it myself. LE Airman use the same case as the AO or is it the standard case?

·
Registered
310 Posts
That watch sold new for 490€. The auction asks almost 1000€.
Whatever it's remains a standard watch with a standard movement.
o|

That's not supply and demand that's just crazy - and somehow I start understanding why we are in the currenct fincancial market / economic crisis. :-x

On the other hand am I myself making the mistake? :-s
If people are willing to pay about at least twice the original selling price - perhaps I should start to sell any Stowa / Schauer watch I have. :think:

Can I trade in my AO LE for the rest of my mortgage :p - gentlemen start your offers...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Shame it couldn't have been offered to members of this or other forum first :-|.

So many were desperate to get hold of one, so many disappointed, so many who would value owning it, so many who wouldn't view it as a commodity to make a fast profit.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Stowa watches are great because of the price/quality ratio. At that price I can get two better Stowa watches. <|:roll: Let's wait and see if somebody pull the triger. He must be from this forum to get the watch that been sold in 50 min. Then why not sell it here?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I was shock when I read the title #77!!! That's the number of my FO LE. But fortunately it turns out to be the 2801 version of FO :-d

·
Registered
311 Posts
It is no more ridiculous than what vintage Rolex sports watches are trading for. $150K USD for a Comex Sea-dweller? $20K USD for a Rolex Explorer II. $1.3K USD for a 2801 is not that bad esp when compared to more expensive watchs of the same quality.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was just about to post this because it came up on one of my eBay searches - but you beat me to it! Will be interesting to see whether he gets his price. Considering that you can't get a hand wind Flieger from Stowa for love or money right now, he might just get his price.
You know, that's kind of a funny comment. I think you can't order a hand-wind Flieger Original, you're right. But the delivery times were sooo far into the future that I bet when they start taking orders again they will be similar to the times from before.

So yes, you can't order a FO. But I bet that if you keep your eyes open, you'll be able to get one in 2010 if you order right after Stowa makes their next announcement of a FO.

I'm kind of surprised that Jorg didn't go to the ETA 2801 to give customers with order numbers in the 350-1300 range an alternative. However I'm glad he didn't; it doesn't look nearly as nice through the back of the case. I'm sure there are other reasons as well, though. I speculate that this was his design decision, and I gotta say that I agree with it. :-!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I find it a bit odd that it's advertised as "brand new, in box". I always interpreted this to mean that it's never been worn. The photos show a strap with an elongated hole and the watch being photographed on a wrist. Maybe my interpretation is a bit more precise than others?

·
Registered
456 Posts
"Watch is still in original packaging; only took it off the cradle to take the wrist shot. Light mark on the strap from metal bracket & storage (see pic). Timepiece was in the safe since delivery from STOWA in April 2009."

·
Registered
85 Posts
The other thing to take into account for buyers in Australia (like me) is that by buying this watch you avoid having to pay 10% GST on import and 59 EUR in Fedex charges. Maybe small matters, but they do help to close the gap just a little.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Someone might bite, but it won't be me. In waiting for my FOLE -- which now isn't coming -- I picked up a straight AO for a mere fraction of what's being asked here. Looks practically the same and last I checked makes a nice ticking sound. Even came with a second "old style" strap so I can wear it in black as well as brown.

With the recent decision to limit the orders of the FOLE, and the Black MOLE2 not my cuppa, I'm over the Stowa craze for now. (With the exception, of course, of eventually landing a MOLE from someone 'round here... ;-))

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, about an hour or so ago I saw an MOLE for sale on ebay (#54 of 80)..."buy it now" price was $1300 out of San Fran. Looks like its gone now....sold for $1250 (best offer!)... blergh

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well, about an hour or so ago I saw an MOLE for sale on ebay (#54 of 80)..."buy it now" price was $1300 out of San Fran. Looks like its gone now....sold for $1250 (best offer!)... blergh
Yeah, saw that. It appears to be a flip. From what I can tell from his thread posts, that member just bought #54 watch from someone else about a week ago. Why someone would flip that watch is beyond me, even if they cleared a profit... :-s

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yeah, saw that. It appears to be a flip. From what I can tell from his thread posts, that member just bought #54 watch from someone else about a week ago. Why someone would flip that watch is beyond me, even if they cleared a profit... :-s

I thought the LE MO were selling for more than $2000 USD in the secondary market. Flipped for a loss???

·
Registered
973 Posts
Would have been nice if it was offered here instead of fleabay.I am sure it would have sold and no ebay fees to the seller.
:-s

1 - 20 of 71 Posts