WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In mid September I ordered a Nike Apple watch. It arrived last Friday. I did not think that I would like it as much as I do. It really is convenient having everything on your wrist. I am particularly fond of being able to see texts right away and knowing that someone is calling. I am one of those people who prefer to take the call immediately and will usually bypass our receptionist unless I am in court. If the phone is silenced in my jacket I can see the call coming in and know I have to step out to take it or return the call. I am a runner and the GPS is within 2% of my Suunto. It also gives you the all the information you need including your heartrate without a cumbersome strap. The downside is that I use up 15 percent of the battery running 4 miles so it would not make it through a marathon. it is also the perfect travel watch if you can work around the battery life. I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
If you're into long runs, try a Bluetooth HR strap. They say the battery drain is a lot less when using a strap versus using the AW's LEDs.

I've had mine for a year and a quarter. It's really hard for me to pull myself away from it, too. Every time I think about leaving it at home and wearing one of my automatics, I remember how the AW allows me to keep my phone tucked in my bag or my wife's purse. I've set the notifications to only tell me about a few things: emails from my VIP list, texts, phone calls, and my college football team's scores. When I get a new car, I'm considering not getting a nav system because of how much I like getting directions on the watch.

Sneaky little device.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts