WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a little while ago in he dive watch form that I had a hard time deciding between a few watches I liked, well I am still in the same boat but with a new contender.

My choices in no particular order:

Tudor Pelagos
Seiko MM300
Sinn U1
IWC Aquatimer 2000 (black and yellow)

and now....Omega PO 8500 45.5mm (local AD giving me a great deal)

sorry no pics.

So, I can pull the trigger on any of the first 4 at anytime, but am a bit short for the PO, would take me another 1-2 months or so to build up the funds for the PO, or I can sell something off.
Each of the watches above has something that really draws me to them, yet they are very different and ideally I would love to have them all, but I can get only one.

Which one? Help

Anatoly

·
Registered
609 Posts
I posted a little while ago in he dive watch form that I had a hard time deciding between a few watches I liked, well I am still in the same boat but with a new contender.

Tudor Pelagos
Seiko MM300
Sinn U1

sorry no pics.

So, I can pull the trigger on any of the first 4 at anytime, but am a bit short for the PO, would take me another 1-2 months or so to build up the funds for the PO, or I can sell something off.
Each of the watches above has something that really draws me to them, yet they are very different and ideally I would love to have them all, but I can get only one.

Which one? Help

Anatoly
Great group to choose from! My choice would for sure be the Omega since it would be an exceptional all around watch with great resale value. The Sinn would be my second choice. Since I mainly only wear watches around 42 mm dia., the Pelagos would be my only option here....... Of course, I would rather go for the 42.5 mm PO. :)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
After trying on the U1 for the first time I really loved it. With the non polished case its extremely versatile with bracelet, rubber, leather or a serious combo of natos. I really like the Pelagos but no way for double the price of a U1

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I would save up for the PO, assuming your wrist size/shape can handle the diameter. The IWC comes in second place (with the same caveat about your wrist), but the black/yellow version doesn't appeal to me.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
PO #1, IWC #2 and U1 #3. The PO has a great movement and great wrist presence.

Reactions: Anatoly

·
Registered
458 Posts
For me it'd be a toss up between the Seiko and the Tudor.

The PO is a beautiful watch but I find it far too large at 45.5mm.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 45.5 PO is perfect on my wrist, but so is the Pelagos and the IWC. I have not had the opportunity to try on either the Sinn U1 or the MM300. I am not huge on flipping so most likely the watch will be a keeper.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
You've made a great list of choices, a lot depends on your own personal style. I'm a big fan of the IWC AT 3538 or 3548 myself.

All on the list are excellent choices, some are more versatile than others....your choice.

EDIT:Make sure to get the bracelet with any of your choices, adds versatility & resale value if needed.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, given my current collection:

OMEGA SMP Chrono 2598.80
Stowa Prodiver COSC (black and orange)
UTS 1000m V2 GMT
Seiko Sumo (black)
Seiko Sumo (blue)
Alpina Star Timer Chrono (Automatic)

what is my next watch?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not a huge fan of Breitling designs, I do like and have considered the Avenger Seawolf but had to narrow down my options and it didn't make the cut.
Of your choices, I like the IWC.
Any interest towards a Breitling Super Ocean? (Comes in black & yellow.)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
A pity the PO is a bit too big for my liking. The Co Axial 8500 movement would've made it a no brainer choice.

Out of those I'd pick the MM300 first and the Pelagos a close second.

I LOVE my U1 Tempus but just no interest for the standard version. Why not consider the U1 SDR instead? For about $200 more you'll be getting the tegimented bezel which is really cool tech IMO.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
OK, given my current collection:

OMEGA SMP Chrono 2598.80
Stowa Prodiver COSC (black and orange)
UTS 1000m V2 GMT
Seiko Sumo (black)
Seiko Sumo (blue)
Alpina Star Timer Chrono (Automatic)

what is my next watch?
I think you're ready for a Doxa
DOXA 800.JPG Doxa family.JPG

Reactions: TheWalrus

·
Registered
2,226 Posts

Tudor Pelagos
Seiko MM300
Sinn U1

sorry no pics.

Which one? Help

Anatoly
What do you want to get out of your next watch? What is your collection looking like at the moment?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts