Discussion Starter #3
Love the simple sharpie stealth.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I try not to get stuff I'm on the fence about.. If I don't love it then I don't get it. That way my collection is only full of stuff i really like and I don't have to try and sell it off at a later date cause I regret my decisions and the watch hardly gets any wrist time. I also try not to make any impulse buys that I might regret later. So Id say get it only if you really love it and will wear it often.

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
I've been looking at this watch for a while, but I'm not sure if I should grab one. What do you guys think?

Link: GW3000BB-1A - Aviation - Mens Watches | Casio - G-Shock
Nice watch. BUT -- are you going to wear it a lot, or only once in awhile? If you would wear it often, then you'd probably become very familiar with the functions eventually and not need to consult the manual again. If you would only wear it once in a great while though, then you might want to consider this -- it is all analog, and if you don't wear it often, you will likely not remember how to use certain functions without consulting the manual. If consulting the manual every time you wear it would bother you, then you might want to consider an ana-digi model like the GW-3500B. IMO, the addition of the digital window makes it SO much easier to use the various watch functions without consulting the manual. I once had a GW-3000B and sold it, for this very reason. I did not wear it often, and when I did, I was constantly consulting the manual, and that got old, fast. Much happier with the GW-3500B.

Reactions: G-fob

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I've been looking at this watch for a while, but I'm not sure if I should grab one. What do you guys think?

Link: GW3000BB-1A - Aviation - Mens Watches | Casio - G-Shock
Nice look is one thing, functionality another. Personally I never will buy a "Chrono" with a ridiculous short 24 minutes stopwatch, it is utterly useless for me. Instead I prefer a straight and uncluttered three hands analog with a rotating bezel, which is at least good to time things for one hour or up to twelve hours. For anything beyond that you should consider an ana-digi (the GA-100 is a good EDC watch) or a full digital.

cheers

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've got two of those... that white on black BB and the orange non-atomic version of it. It is true that the stopwatch sucks but it has its charms. I think its size is goldilocks plus it makes a great travel watch. I particularly like its ability to swap time zones between the main and sub displays.

Think of it as a analogue watch on steroids. Shock proof, G-force resistant and doing more than most other mechanical analogue watches at a cost much less than one with even half of the "complications"... Sometimes you just want an analogue beater and for that, this is super.

The only caution I would urge is something only you can answer - are you are a-retentive on functionality? If you are, then get a digital. But if you are taken by the looks of this watch and you can live without a stopwatch, then this would be right for you...

Sometimes we talk about a G-Shock as if it is the only watch we might ever own but that's rather blinkering and probably never gonna be the case... We usually end up owning a few G-Shocks. There's always another G-Shock that does something else and something more but there's only that one G-Shock that looks the way it does (and they aren't always gonna be available...).

If you like it just buy it and worry about the next G-Shock later...

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have one and I love it. Yes, it's mainly for looks. I have other Gs that are more about functionality. But this one is about the beautiful dial and atomic timekeeping. Does Breitling have atomic functionality? I don't think so. See? Right there is reason enough to get it. No offense to Breitling. This sucker just hits on all the indices and tells the time beautifully. And relatively indestructibly. Sounds good to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts