WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Great article! And I agree, hire the guy already!

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,409 Posts
says Astronaut Mark Kelly. Wouldn't he be much better to represent the brand than metrosexual football/soccer players ?
Hi, Fred. No argument from me on this one. That said, I have to admit the Beckham ads are well done and his "persona" (?) does appeal to a large demographic. If Beckham is a positive influence on brand sales, I applaud the corporate agreement to use him for promotion of the brand. Many "celebrities" wear Breitlings these days so the company seems to have a lot of potential celebrity representatives for the purpose of promotion. How about ex-pro football star Emmitt Smith from the Dallas Cowboys? He recently completed a 2nd stint on "Dancing With The Stars" and wore his 18K Chronomat Evolution on strap full time. I'm not so sure the dancing is related to the brand but Smith probably travels almost as much as Beckham and there are likely as many NFL fans as pro soccer fans. :think: As for the available pool of astronauts, it is probably a lot larger than most of us would have thought. Remember this post from earlier this year?... https://www.watchuseek.com/f15/ticket-ride-limited-edition-worldwide-introduction-698017-3.html And a subsequent thread... https://www.watchuseek.com/f15/those-who-admire-cosmonautes-718520.html#post5244247 It is interesting that Cdr. Kelley was prominent at the N.Y.C. event with Cdr. Carpenter. I have to agree with you that Kelley would make a great brand rep. I will consider contacting him and dropping the hint. You never know... ;-) :-!

Best,
Ron

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
As seen from China, Mark Kelly isn't very "legible" since Chinese astronauts -- aka 'taikonauts' -- wear local Fiyta watches while flying.
And in waiting of a real development of private aviation in China, the aerospace culture isn't deep enough to build on Breitling marketing.
Knowing the increase of Chinese market for any global watch brand, including Breitling, the choice of Mr Beckham sounds therefore wise, imho...

Cheers,
Brice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts