WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand Doxa have in the past sold ladies dive watches , the Carolina and possibly other varriations. Does anyone know of these models, and could enlighten myself and I exspect others, with details?
Does Doxa intend to reissue these or build a ladies model in the near future? I'm sure it would be a major hit, not many manufacturers sell decent ladies divers.

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
They made the Coralline, the Nymph, the Seamaid and I think others. These were smaller Subs, and several members have expressed their desire that Doxa reissue one.

At Basel Fair this year, Doxa previewed a women's SUB 1000T with a pink (or was it MOP?) dial and a bezel festooned with diamonds. It was a hit at the fair, but received mixed reviews here (naturally, the purists felt it was too big and too bling). But larger watches for women are "in", and it or a variation would probably sell.

As to the smaller case, though there is interest here and elsewhere, I'm not sure the interest is enough to entice Doxa to make a major investment to produce the parts for such a watch. They've certainly given us no encouragement on that front.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the imput T-Bone, reissuie's keeping the vintage look would be very inkeeping Doxa models as they have done for the past few years very successfully, if enough interest is shown perhaps something may come from this thread?
The Carolina is an atractive watch, my wife would like one.

·
Registered
319 Posts
They made the Coralline, the Nymph, the Seamaid and I think others. These were smaller Subs, and several members have expressed their desire that Doxa reissue one.

At Basel Fair this year, Doxa previewed a women's SUB 1000T with a pink (or was it MOP?) dial and a bezel festooned with diamonds. It was a hit at the fair, but received mixed reviews here (naturally, the purists felt it was too big and too bling). But larger watches for women are "in", and it or a variation would probably sell.

As to the smaller case, though there is interest here and elsewhere, I'm not sure the interest is enough to entice Doxa to make a major investment to produce the parts for such a watch. They've certainly given us no encouragement on that front.
Well with a venture into the Retail market-place, they better gear up some automatic ladies models. It's a good bet that they could really make some money if they do it. For instance, I know my wife would LOVE a ladies Rolex dive watch, however the only thing close is a Yachtmaster. She wants a 'hers' to my Sea Dweller, or at least a 'hers' Submariner. I know a LOT of couples buy his and hers dive watches. Automatics are scarce in his and hers. Doxa would be filling a market which nobody else seems to be doing in the retail arena.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Tkite,
I absolutely agree with you. I believe that it would be a really wise decision on the part of Doxa to offer a line of women's watches. after all don't women make more than 50% of all the important household purchases? They certainly control more than 50% of the household finances!! Women today, are more than ever likely to go into a store and buy a watch or piece of jewelry for themselves. Put it on their own credit card as a present to themselves.
Most major brands, Rolex and Panerai being the exceptions that I can recall, have one or more women's size Dive or "pseudo' dive watches in their lineup.
Arthur

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi guys!!! I'm very new here but have been reading most of the threads.

I agree with the guys saying that there are'nt much ladies diver watches, especially in the Automatic divers side. Ladies of this day and age would like equal rights, roles, and activities.

Our wives would like to have a his and hers of whatever watch we buy right???

Would'nt also hurt to buy her a ladies 5000T Pro after you've bought your 5000T for yourself right? hehehe She might not even bug you for buying another DOXA hehehe

Cheers :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree Perrinhj, TKite, I've been holding out for years on getting my wife a mechanical watch hoping DOXA will eventually fill this niche that I believe is large enough that it would be profitable. She does have a couple Quartz watches and wears one every day.

A slightly smaller version than the 600T, with an automatic movt, and I'll jump all over it.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I just bought a Ladies / boys Tudor Mini Sub 200 for my daughter, Katie. A nice modern ladies Doxa would have been perfect but since there aren't any I looked around and found the Tudor. Rolex crown and caseback and looks quite nice.

Steph doesn't like it and now actually prefers the pink and diamonds prototype Doxa seen at basel....my, how her tastes have changed :) but I think it will suit my daughter very nicely indeed.

Pete

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's nice to see the input , when I started this thread, I was interested to see members opinions, and I haven't been disapointed. As pointed out with a move into retail ladies will be on the other side of the glass looking in at the display, making a smaller/ladies diver can only be a winner.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I just bought a Ladies / boys Tudor Mini Sub 200 for my daughter, Katie. A nice modern ladies Doxa would have been perfect but since there aren't any I looked around and found the Tudor. Rolex crown and caseback and looks quite nice.

Steph doesn't like it and now actually prefers the pink and diamonds prototype Doxa seen at basel....my, how her tastes have changed :) but I think it will suit my daughter very nicely indeed.

Pete
Pete ... nice looking watch! But yes I fully agree ... Ladies Doxa is what I have wanted for several years now as you know. I haven't heard back from Rick even though I have tried to get something out of him concerning the watch that was shown at Basel.

John:-s:-s

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I agree 100% with everything that's been said so far. We've discussed this on other threads and Doxa has been strangely silent. When I got my searambler the first thing my wife asked me was whether Doxa made it in a ladies size. I proceeded to explaine that they used to and when I showed her a photo of the nymph she said she would love one that size. I've tried to talk her into getting a ladies Yachtmaster but she'd rather spend the money on broodmares or stud fees:-d:-d:-d. The ladies size Omegas don't really appeal to her as she really likes the understated elegance of a silver faced watch. In all the threads on this topic I have heard the same or similar pleas for a ladies Doxa. My 5' 1" wife just can't pull off a 42 mm watch. 35mm is as large as she can go. I really think there's a market out there for a ladies Doxa. The only thing we can do is respond to threads like this and maybe have some polls on the subject, because Doxa does listen.

Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am a 5' 3" lady. I would buy a smaller cased Doxa for myself in a minute, and one for my daughter as well.

I have been thinking about a 600T but it is still a little too large--somewhere in the 33-35mm (maybe even 37mm) range would work for most of us.
I've been looking for the ever elusive Coralline for a while now...of course, to no avail.
Waiting for Doxa to take the lead, a bold and innovative step has been dissapointing.The blatant disregard for an entire market segment does not go without notice. Doxa if you are listening, there is a market, I can assure you.

Here's hoping they will give it a whirl,
Lee

·
Registered
747 Posts
I also agree with the previous posts of there needing to be a ladies watch. I'm in the market for a DOXA but I'd also like to get my better half a matching watch that we could wear out together when we spend a night out on the town.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also agree with the previous posts of there needing to be a ladies watch. I'm in the market for a DOXA but I'd also like to get my better half a matching watch that we could wear out together when we spend a night out on the town.
I agree Doxa should have a ladies dive watch. definitely something smaller than 39mm across. :-!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Add me to the list. My wife doesn't like dainty watches. Someone here mentioned 37 mm, that seems to fit the bill.

I know she would prefer the "Cacciatrice di Squalo". Thats feminine for Sharkhunter in Italian.

And ironic, being that the only time she actually saw a shark (Hammerhead) is when we were snorkeling off the coast of Capri. She breached the water directly into our Boston Whaler. Some shark hunter.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that I got aboard before her. You know, because I.......I......I wanted to help her get on. Yea, thats it.

The locals told us later the area is a breeding ground for the hammerheads. Nice.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ladies Sub ... been waiting since 2005 ... Rick what is the going on with the one from Basel????o|

·
Registered
153 Posts
Here, a few pics of watches I was looking at for my wife that are "diver" types. I sort of want to hold out for the ladies Doxa that may not come.

I don't know, the thing is that I think its cool that we would both have Doxas. I'm sure my wife could pick out at least 20 other watches that SHE would prefer over another brand dive style watch.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts