WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some of you may know that I have been after this watch for quite some time. Being that it was a limited edition released in 2005 I really didn't think I would ever get one.

Late last year I thought I had one, only to dicover at the last moment that it a different LE, not the one I was after.

Well, low & behold, after a particularly profitable poker tournament I looked around a few forums & found what I was looking for.

Fed-ex delivered it this morning.

Oris Limited Edition 1945 Flight Timer.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Now that is an awesome display box (and watch!). Definitely more than worthy of the grail terminology - and it's certainly been elusive enough for you.

Any idea's as to what's next on the list?

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, I don't know just yet.

I have been really liking the Longines Lindbergh or the Trans-Atlantic Chronograph.

But who knows when the funds will swell to that realm.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing is that the lining of the box is a little beat up (as you can see in the pics). Maybe I'll re-upolster it at a later date.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Killer,Killer watch Dude! I have loved the looks of that Oris Flight Timer forever.
One of my future grails too. Congrats on a great taste in watch. And Congrats at getting it. And thanks a million for showing it.:-!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
So some of you may know that I have been after this watch for quite some time. Being that it was a limited edition released in 2005 I really didn't think I would ever get one.

Late last year I thought I had one, only to dicover at the last moment that it a different LE, not the one I was after.

Well, low & behold, after a particularly profitable poker tournament I looked around a few forums & found what I was looking for.

Fed-ex delivered it this morning.

Oris Limited Edition 1945 Flight Timer.
Congratulations on your grail! Lovely limited edition piece, and the presentation box and accessories only make it better. Looks like we both got what we wanted today. :-!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
That is very nice, I had not seen this watch before. Sharp, really sharp!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Oh man, that is really nice. I have been thinking of one of those for some time, but you never see them. Congrats man.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats! An Oris iconic model for sure!

So, what's next on your list? :)
Well, I had been thinking about a nce Longines, but that Hammie you just got is also on my list. IDK, I think I'll just play it be ear & see what turns up.

Oh man, that is really nice. I have been thinking of one of those for some time, but you never see them. Congrats man.
Thank you, I had been after that watch for a few years now. Had a couple of close calls, thinking I almost had it only to be heartbroken. Once I had even given my card No. to an AD that was going out of business, & at the last moment I ask to make sure it came with everything only to discover it was the Hurricane 4118 (another siimilar LE) & not the 1945 I wanted. (some of you may remember that thread, lol)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Being that the bracelet in un-worn & the strap is more with the pilot watch theme I think I'll keep it on the strap, at least for a good while.

I may even get a different pilot strap & save this one so as to not put too much use in to it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Pardon my ignorance...but what is the knob/crown at 2 o:clock used for?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts