WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some times I have to strictly follow the one in one out rules to keep the number of watches enough to have wrist time

but the point it sometime I'm so interested in a new watch and try to sell one of the current watches, but sometimes it is so hard/take long time to sell

I'm feeling up-set and impatient waiting for the current watch to be sold before buying a new one !

should I do the reverse as buying a new watch first and then selling the current one? will it make me more relieve or just feeling more guilty?

What is your rule? In first or Out First?

thanks for your opinion !

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
no rules, doesn't matter what order. Just list the one you want to sell and buy the one you want to buy. If it takes that long to sell, then drop the price.

If you need to sell one in order to afford to buy the next, then your question is answered for you.

Reactions: Mr Auto

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Typically I find the deal I want before mine is sold, so I go in first. That being said, I always make sure I offload a piece to offset. No chance of me just adding to the collection.

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Would depend on the circumstances. If the incoming was being bought new and timing a deal wasnt a consideration, the out watch would go first. If the incoming was pre-owned or hard to come by and an opportunity presented itself before the out watch could be sold, I'd grab the incoming while I could.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I usually keep an eye out for a deal on any number of watches I'm interested in. If I find a deal, I'll buy it and decide what needs to go later.

In reality it tends to go: Buy, buy, buy, buy... Ok, this is getting out of hand!! Sell, sell, sell...

Luckily, because I only buy when the price is right, I usually come out even or a little ahead.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I usually end up having the incoming first since I'm impatient. And I like to see how the new one fits into the rotation and collection as well.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
sell first!

when i can't sell something i just drop it on ebay as a $1 auction. you generally will get a fair price that way - though i understand reservations about doing this with a higher end piece.

unless you see a serious bargain on exactly what you want, sell first.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Yep in first. Always keep an eye out for a few watches, and if I find at the right price, usually don't have much time to pull the trigger, so I'll buy first and sell later.

The only time I could see selling first, is if I needed the funds first, which might be the case for some more expensive watches. I think only once I sold a watch, I knew I didn't connect with, then shopped around for its replacement.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I usually just sell the watches I know I won't be wearing often enough without needing a replacement for them. If I'm buying something similar to what I already have in the collection, then I usually buy first before selling the piece it's replacing. If I kept the watch in my collection then it's usually for good reason, and I'll want to compare the two to make sure I'm keeping the right one.

·
Premium Member
21,875 Posts
I tend to buy first, and then sell later.

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
no rules, doesn't matter what order. Just list the one you want to sell and buy the one you want to buy. If it takes that long to sell, then drop the price.

If you need to sell one in order to afford to buy the next, then your question is answered for you.
+1

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
569 Posts
I buy when I see a watch I really want, I sell when I fall out of love with a watch. Sometimes both occurrences even intersect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,464 Posts
I tend to buy first, and then sell later.
Yep me too . . . cause more often than not, the new one in is the one that leaves ;-)

Reactions: mleok and Mr Auto
1 - 20 of 36 Posts