WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been following a little tradition where every time I earn a promotion at work, I buy myself a timepiece.

I want my next to be a JLC and I'm curious what people's thoughts / experiences are with the brand. I really like the Master Ultra Thin Moon, love the complication, love the size. What are some others you have been thrilled to own??

·
Registered
408 Posts
That JLC MUT Moon is a great choice. I've always loved JLC.

I have a Master Compressor Chronograph, a Master Memovox (clear caseback one) and a 1967 vintage date manual wind in 18k gold. All three have been dependable and great to wear. I've enjoyed having both the sport and dress watches from JLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
146 Posts
I’m currently looking into the same watch. It would be my first JLC watch and I’m considering either the Moon or Small Seconds strictly as a dress watch. Would be great to hear from some owners.

·
Registered
950 Posts
To answer the OP’s question I’m thrilled to own two Reverso watches:
Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931; reissue of the original 1931 Reverso with the Casa Fagliano strap (shown) or black gator strap

Reverso Tribute Duo; dual dial watch issued in 2016 on the 85th anniversary of the Reverso

The TTR 1931 comes up FS preowned, there’s one on WUS sales forum now (not mine). JLC still has new inventory of the Tribute Duo

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I've been following a little tradition where every time I earn a promotion at work, I buy myself a timepiece.

I want my next to be a JLC and I'm curious what people's thoughts / experiences are with the brand. I really like the Master Ultra Thin Moon, love the complication, love the size. What are some others you have been thrilled to own??
The MUT Moon is a good choice...a plus is that you generally don't see them as often on people's wrists even among JLC collectors. For other JLC ideas, ckeck out the "Show your JLC" thread at the top of the forum page.

Because the Reverso is synonymous with JLC, naturally it is a popular choice. Good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I’m currently looking into the same watch. It would be my first JLC watch and I’m considering either the Moon or Small Seconds strictly as a dress watch. Would be great to hear from some owners.
I was stuck in the same boat. I was initially leaning towards the Small Seconds because it's simpler and more suitable for a formal occasion (I know these "rules" aren't really that strict anymore). I was finally able to try both on at an AD and the Small Seconds is absolutely beautiful, but the Moon literally pulled at my heart strings. I'm still new here and never thought a watch would have this effect on me. I took pictures and videos of both watches. I've been looking at them everyday trying to decide on which one. I'm leaning towards the Moon now, but I'm going to let the idea marinate for a little longer.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was stuck in the same boat. I was initially leaning towards the Small Seconds because it's simpler and more suitable for a formal occasion (I know these "rules" aren't really that strict anymore). I was finally able to try both on at an AD and the Small Seconds is absolutely beautiful, but the Moon literally pulled at my heart strings. I'm still new here and never thought a watch would have this effect on me. I took pictures and videos of both watches. I've been looking at them everyday trying to decide on which one. I'm leaning towards the Moon now, but I'm going to let the idea marinate for a little longer.
Thanks for the input. The more I look at the Moon, the more I see what you mean. I haven’t gone to an AD yet because I just bought a Tag Monaco Cal 12 less than 2 weeks ago and I should let my CC rest a bit. A JLC is most likely going to be my next watch, maybe by mid-summer. Do let us know what you decide on, though I’m sure you’ve already made up your mind. :)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I was seriously thinking about the Master Control Calendar until I saw one at the boutique. The shiny gold in the moon phase complication looked out of place and sort of cheapened the design in my eye. However I saw a meteorite dial version and I almost changed my mind. Its such a special dial. But $12K, ouch. Not sure its worth that much of the premium.
Personally I like the Geophysic TS but mainly for that movement. I concur great value for the technology.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
In my mind, to be my absolute one and only from the great Jaeger-LeCoultre, it needed to have a complicated movement. Not very complicated, just something, anything more than just time and date. The movement needed to be on display. It needed to have admirable dial work. It needed to have a bracelet option, so that I could experience the quality make of a JLC bracelet, even if I may use other straps at times. To have that versatility as well. I just personally needed the watch to be able to offer all these experiences of JLC ownership. Of course, the over all look has to speak to you too.

Anyway, that's how I came upon choosing the True Second. I'm satisfied to have it serve as my lone piece from JLC. Although that doesn't mean it will always remain my lone piece from JLC. ;)

I advise you come up with your own list of things you need to experience from JLC, as the brand has many more things it can offer beyond my pedestrian requirements, and we all just like different things.

Reactions: yvrclimber

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for the input. The more I look at the Moon, the more I see what you mean. I haven’t gone to an AD yet because I just bought a Tag Monaco Cal 12 less than 2 weeks ago and I should let my CC rest a bit. A JLC is most likely going to be my next watch, maybe by mid-summer. Do let us know what you decide on, though I’m sure you’ve already made up your mind. :)
No problem! I'll definitely keep you guys updated, but I'm going to sleep on it for a little bit. Congrats on the Monaco! :D

Reactions: JS3

·
Registered
15,944 Posts
These are what spoke to me, love the Reverso especially . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the MUT moon and other JLC pieces including a few reversos but if I really had to choose only one JLC I don't think I could say no to Reverso.

Sent from my Nokia N95 with GPS using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts