WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,901 Posts
If I'm honest, it's definitely not my taste either!! However, since it doesn't satisfy the definition of an outright fake (it's more steampunk, IMO), I'll leave it open.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Revolting.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
"His first progress was realising he could be disruptive with vintage watches as long as he was respectful."

Or read more truthfully: He realized he could make some extra $$$ by gluing pop art baubles to vintage watches and successfully making a mockery of them.

Now for my next trick, I'm going to disrupt the fine art world:

moana.png

·
Registered
887 Posts
"His first progress was realising he could be disruptive with vintage watches as long as he was respectful."

Or read more truthfully: He realized he could make some extra $$$ by gluing pop art baubles to vintage watches and successfully making a mockery of them.

I agree with this. He is trying to make some 'modern', 'popular', 'trendy' thing from a vintage watch, but actually destroys it, its originality, value, beauty.
Yes, made for instant, globally accepted taste of usual consumers ignorant in watches, just to look 'cool'.

What's the point of sending original hands, when he already made kids' toys from watches? The one who wants original watch, isn't crazy to give much money for this joke so he/she could replace the hands with original ones.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts

View attachment 14329165
Should read "Poop Art".....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think he misunderstands his market. I don't think the vintage watch market and the geeky pop-art watch market have a ton of crossover.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Hi there,

can't undestand the excitement. I'd lack the courage to leave my home with such ridiculous thingy on my wrist, but I'm only me. Obviously there is a demand for such stuff, which is accordingly satisfied, and as there is no danger that we run short with old watches, I don't mind.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
A few phrases and things that more or less sum it up....

"dry French humour and hipster aesthetic" - Vaping skinny jeans wearers is the target market. (Under 30 mostly too)

"he is happy to remove functionality in favour of creativity" - Watches are not meant to tell time

"But to me it makes sense because it creates a contrast on the dial, a war between two different time periods." - These are for attention seekers not collectors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts