WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know... discussed ad nauseum, but I gotta ask.

I've been planning to buy an SKX007 for about a year, and it's time for the rubber to hit the road. I've looked at several online merchants over time, but what I am looking for is this:

1) SKX007. K or J, no preference
2) Sold with some form of better that standard bracelet (Oyster, etc).
3) New watch
4) Fair price

I would prefer to not have to replace the bracelet myself (no experience, and don't want to mess up my first decent watch). If buying the bracelet separately is enough of a savings, however, I will consider it.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd recommend shooting an email to Harold. He has a photobucket profile under the name yobokies. I haven't used his services before, but many, many have, and he is top-notch. I have purchased from Jake B. who runs Dagaz/10watches. I ordered mine with a zulu strap instead of a bracelet (not sure he has the type of bracelet you're looking for, but an email to him would clear up that question quickly). The price from Jake was more than fair.

I don't have any affiliation with either of them aside from my one order from Jake. There are other sites that stock what you're looking for, but not all of them will have the ability to add an aftermarket bracelet.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
islandwatch.com has it for $199.

I've bought 2 watches from them, a 1st Gen Orange Monster and Military Blue Dial Automatic, and couldn't be happier with the service or the watches I received. Both were shipped right away and were new watches in pristine condition in the right boxes with all the documentation they should have.

It comes on the stock stainless steel bracelet but shouldn't be that hard to change, and although I did have the local jeweler take a link out of my OM bracelet for me he only charged $3 to do it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just placed a order for SKX007k from 21Jewels. They are based in Singapore. Heard some good things about them. This is my first order though. Got the rubber strap. Changing straps shouldn't be a problem. I was a complete noob while I did it on my Orient Mako.

As for the straps, it guess there are 3 options for super oyster. Never had anyone before. But from the reviews all 3 are pretty good
wjean (ships from canada)
yobokies(ships from HK, do not have any website)
tungchoy(ships from HK, cheaper than the above 2)

I will be ordering from tungchoy as wjean is a little expensive for me and looks like it can be quite a hassle to get from yobokies.

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
islandwatch.com has it for $199.

I've bought 2 watches from them, a 1st Gen Orange Monster and Military Blue Dial Automatic, and couldn't be happier with the service or the watches I received. Both were shipped right away and were new watches in pristine condition in the right boxes with all the documentation they should have.

It comes on the stock stainless steel bracelet but shouldn't be that hard to change, and although I did have the local jeweler take a link out of my OM bracelet for me he only charged $3 to do it.
+1, Island Watch has great service.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok... looking at these vendors, plus a couple of others. Will probably try to track down a bracelet at a later date.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
...looks like it can be quite a hassle to get from yobokies.
On the contrary. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Harold and never had a problem.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wouldn't bother paying more for the J model. CreationWatches are superb for 007 and other seiko. I got mine from them in 3 days to the UK and they mark as low value so no customs/tax fees.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I ordered my skx009 from Amazon and I don't recall the actual vendor. The transaction was smooth despite a shipping delay caused by Sandy. I ordered it with the jubilee bracelet and removed it immediately. The watch looks great on nylon, leather and Tungchoy (Strapcode) super oyster which I recommend.

Rich

Sent from a free wifi connection.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I would buy from Rakuten Japan website. They have better quality watches than Amazon and Rakuten Japan also has cheaper prices.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
This is simply not true and you should not be promoting such falsehoods. Rakuten and Amazon are just two vendors among many. They have nothing to do with production quality of watches: Seiko does, period.
I think that Tic Toc may have been referring to the many reports her about Amazon sellers peddling 'used' or 'returned' watches as new. He knows that there is no difference between where a Seiko is made or sold.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
IslandWatch is probably the way to go unless you get a screaming deal overseas. Faster shipping, better customer service, and easy to ship back in case anything is wrong with the watch.

^ Assuming you live in the US. (edit)

(edit 2) just saw that LIW is out of stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts