WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just received a brand new Breitling Colt Quartz yesterday. My immediate thoughts were to sell it in hopes of using the cash to get a free month and a half of mortgage, but damn if this thing isn't growing on me. Still haven't taken it out of the box, nor removed the protective coverings.

Since I received it, I have done nothing but read up the Breitling site, read reviews, and whatnot and am starting to get attached. Argh, I'm not even a watch person!

Anyway, saw the forums link from Wikipedia and just wanted to say hello. Look forward to reading through these threads to see what I may be getting into. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I pick watch. Of course, I am biased and it won't cost me a dime.

Todd
Thing is, it hasn't cost me a dime either. I won it from an instant win contest during summer and it finally came in. Such a hard decision... It really is a beautiful watch... gah.

*edit* Though I will be getting taxed on it. ;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
You won it? You should wear the heck out of it. You obviously appreciate it and probably would not have bought it for yourself. It might help you make one of many mortgage payments or it could be something you treasure forever.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stunning watch. I agree with the others, this is a watch that you will wear for years whereas down the road you will have forgotten that one 'free' mortgage payment. BTW, sounds like you may already be in love with it. ;-)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You won it? You should wear the heck out of it. You obviously appreciate it and probably would not have bought it for yourself. It might help you make one of many mortgage payments or it could be something you treasure forever.
You guys really know how to sway a person. :think: Well, today I make the long drive to visit the parents, I'll probably decide then. Thanks for the responses. :)

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,837 Posts
Pull the protective cover off and strap it on..

You guys really know how to sway a person. :think: Well, today I make the long drive to visit the parents, I'll probably decide then. Thanks for the responses. :)
your wrist before you leave the house. Be careful you don't have an accident while driving because you'll be staring at that beautiful piece more than you would have ever thought. When you arrive, I'll bet your parents will be very, very happy for you and you will be too! :-! Welcome aboard!
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
571 Posts
You're hooked - face it!

Welcome Shampoohorn to the forum

... and likely to a lifelong obsession b-)

But you'll get a lot of fun out of it and if you're careful it doesn't have to cost you very much at all in the long run.

damn if this thing isn't growing on me. Still haven't taken it out of the box, nor removed the protective coverings.
Hmm, resistance is futile b-)

Since I received it, I have done nothing but read up the Breitling site, read reviews, and whatnot and am starting to get attached.
Um, "starting" did you say? :-s

Argh, I'm not even a watch person!
Correction: didn't used to be a watch person :roll:

what I may be getting into. :)
may be getting into? MAY BE? :)

Congratulations and don't worry - we don't think you're mad :-d :-d

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Walk away from it now you still can... ;-)

The watch will grow on you like the Ring grew on Frodo, it will pull you over to the dark side of fine watches and strange people who hang around here on the Forum :-d.

Kind regards and welcome to the Breitling Anonymous workgroup :-!,

Cinq

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Whatcha gonna do with the mortgage money you save? Food? Beer? Heating?

Lose some weight. Have a sober month. Wear a coat indoors. Wear a stunning watch and join a superb 'club'!

(And if you are still in any doubts, have a glance at any thread that talks about the wrath of the Breitling gods, they bear a long grudge!)

:-!

·
Registered
719 Posts
yeah, you have to keep the watch. breitling's are like coffee, they give ya a little pep in your step when wearing one. so, you'll work harder and make more money, in the end lol. so, this way, u get the best of both worlds with the morgage and the watch lol. of course, i wouldn't be typing this if i didn't already have my morning coffee and have my breitling on lol.

good luck with the new watch and keep us posted of the next model you actually buy lol.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
;) I will once I finally decide it's staying home. Mortgage... watch... mortgage... watch...
The contrast of a shiny Breitling against a carboard carton & sewer grate to keep warm makes for a dynamic picture. So what do you need a house for?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts