WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"000"ps i did it again, fell of the watch sobriety wagon...

and into a puddle of 000!

have to say this - i never thought i would ever get a Panerai without seconds, date or automatic.
and here i am...i have been seduced and brought over to the "Base"

"Dolce Far Niente" - the sweetest idleness

·
Registered
268 Posts
Base is the best. Well done.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Looks great but I don't if I could own a watch that doesn't show it's keeping time. Maybe if it was an auto, at least then you know it should be wound if you are wearing it. I prefer the marina for this reason.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I thought according to my research power reserve is 56 hours.
I will wind it every 2nd day, thanks.
It will very to some degree, but at 56 hrs your dead. So if you every 48 or so you are good. The other 8 hours are a buffer in my view for winding if you remember late or didn't wind fully initially.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't mean to hijack...if it's really that straight forward I would certainly consider a 000. I supposed winding everyday is ok too, right?
I don't think it's an issue. You don't have to. I have to say in my very busy life, taking five minutes to sit down, wind the watch and then slap it on the wrist. Makes me savour time a little more.
And I am loving the absence of the date and seconds more than i thought.
I tend to wear the 312 to work because I prefer a date when i am work, but when i get home, i swap into the 000. Savour time....

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well it's a gorgeous watch so I can see why you put it on when you are done at work. Thanks for the feedback.

A couple of my watches do not have a date so that is not an issue for me. Lack of seconds had me thinking twice though. I am considering a 177 but I am going to reconsider the 000 because I believe it is the essence of Panerai and the most attractive model in a very attractive line.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it's a gorgeous watch so I can see why you put it on when you are done at work. Thanks for the feedback.

A couple of my watches do not have a date so that is not an issue for me. Lack of seconds had me thinking twice though. I am considering a 177 but I am going to reconsider the 000 because I believe it is the essence of Panerai and the most attractive model in a very attractive line.
odin43 - i agree with you in that it is the essence of panerai distilled down to their base and cheapest and as far as i can see, most value for money model.
the 372 and 390 are gorgeous pieces but their price tag 2.5 times more than the 000 in my books is hard to justify, yet.
one day maybe. in our favour is the 372 is a regular production item so it should still be around in a few years, i hope...

i simply love the 000 now. later

1 - 18 of 18 Posts