WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I purchased a watch - due to the shutdown. Have had a few Sinns and really like the EZM 3s. But then I ran across the 104 matte. Argh! Should I, shouldn't I... Well, I did.

Should be in Friday and I'll post some pics with initial impressions. Have had a 556, T2, and a couple EZM 3s, but never a 104 because I don't like polished cases.

If you have a 104 Matte, please post pics and opinions.

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
I currently own the T2 and U50.. EZM 3 has been tempting me since getting these two..

For some reason not really into the 104.. 104 matte is much closer to the EZM 3.. Wondering why didn't you go back to the EZM 3? and what about the 3F?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I currently own the T2 and U50.. EZM 3 has been tempting me since getting these two..

For some reason not really into the 104.. 104 matte is much closer to the EZM 3.. Wondering why didn't you go back to the EZM 3? and what about the 3F?
I might. Never had a 104; thought I would give it a try. It's a little thinner and lighter than the EZM 3 or 3F. We'll see. I have three days to review and can send back to WatchBuys if not happy. One advantage of going AD.

Reactions: berserkkw

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Initial impression and pics.

It's been a while since I have had a Sinn. I forgot what great bang for the buck.

Dial - Matte black that appears a bit grey in direct light. Great legibility and contrast. I thought the indices might be a bit busy, but it works well. Nice black day/date window.
Case - Great matte finish. I shied away from the 104 due to the polished case. The matte case dresses it down quite a bit. First thing I did was put it on an Erika's strap. Super comfy and with the matte finish, works well.
Bezel - Great printing and action. 60 second bi-directional. Solid clicks and stays put. Not as stiff as the Damasko Sub1, but way better than many others I have had (60 or 120 click) including Rolex (sorry guys).
Crystal - Very slightly domed but still excellent legibility at extreme angles.
Lume - Wasn't expecting it to be this good. The shot I took was after a few hours of inside light, not even direct sunlight. Easy to read in the car at night. Will be interesting to see how it holds up all night (will report back on this later).
Update: Charged approx. 10pm and easily visible at 6am.
Wearability - Even though the case dresses the watch down, I think with either a strap change (leather or the bracelet), it could definitely work in a business environment with a suit. The last picture is for perspective. I have a flat, 7.1" wrist and it seems to fit my frame very well.

Not a lot out on the interweb about this watch yet so hope this helps sway one way or the other.

1wrist.jpg

2lume.jpg

3wrist.jpg

4mirror.jpg

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
From experience, I know Sinns are not always regulated well. This one is solid:

Dial up: 0 to +1 spd
Crown up: -2 to -3 spd
Dial down: +2 to +3 spd
Crown down: +5 to +6 spd

·
Registered
158 Posts
From experience, I know Sinns are not always regulated well. This one is solid:

Dial up: 0 to +1 spd
Crown up: -2 to -2 spd
Dial down: +2 to +3 spd
Crown down: +5 to +6 spd
My T2, on wrist is spot on, doesn't lose or gain time, crown down it gains less than a second during the night, but leaving it in any other position, loses about 5 seconds.

The U50 the same, on wrist, doesn't lose much time, I can't recall which position during the night, but one of them also keeps the time even..

So if they're not regulated, they're pretty stable from both my examples!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Great fit on you. That's a keeper. Perfect. (y)
I'd be very tempted if they had the St Sa Blue dial, black bezel done in matte. :D

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Looks great on you! Congrats on what is, IMO, the most badass 104 variant!

Reactions: larkja

·
Registered
723 Posts
Congrats on the new watch! Looks fantastic.

Lume - Wasn't expecting it to be this good.
Does anyone know if Sinn has changed something up with their lume lately? My 6096 has surprisingly good lume as well -- much brighter and longer lasting than my 10+ year old 856 ever had.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know if Sinn has changed something up with their lume lately? My 6096 has surprisingly good lume as well -- much brighter and longer lasting than my 10+ year old 856 ever had.
Not sure, but this 104 blows away the EZM 3's lume I had a couple years ago.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a quick follow-up. The watch gains a couple seconds during the day. By placing crown up at night, I can regulate perfectly. I reset for the time change Saturday night, and it is still spot on. They nailed it with this one. Very pleased.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Initial impression and pics.

It's been a while since I have had a Sinn. I forgot what great bang for the buck.

Dial - Matte black that appears a bit grey in direct light. Great legibility and contrast. I thought the indices might be a bit busy, but it works well. Nice black day/date window.
Case - Great matte finish. I shied away from the 104 due to the polished case. The matte case dresses it down quite a bit. First thing I did was put it on an Erika's strap. Super comfy and with the matte finish, works well.
Bezel - Great printing and action. 60 second bi-directional. Solid clicks and stays put. Not as stiff as the Damasko Sub1, but way better than many others I have had (60 or 120 click) including Rolex (sorry guys).
Crystal - Very slightly domed but still excellent legibility at extreme angles.
Lume - Wasn't expecting it to be this good. The shot I took was after a few hours of inside light, not even direct sunlight. Easy to read in the car at night. Will be interesting to see how it holds up all night (will report back on this later).
Update: Charged approx. 10pm and easily visible at 6am.
Wearability - Even though the case dresses the watch down, I think with either a strap change (leather or the bracelet), it could definitely work in a business environment with a suit. The last picture is for perspective. I have a flat, 7.1" wrist and it seems to fit my frame very well.

Not a lot out on the interweb about this watch yet so hope this helps sway one way or the other.

View attachment 15514942

View attachment 15514943

View attachment 15514944

View attachment 15514945
Hard to beat the lume on a Sinn.......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just a quick follow-up. The watch gains a couple seconds during the day. By placing crown up at night, I can regulate perfectly. I reset for the time change Saturday night, and it is still spot on. They nailed it with this one. Very pleased.
so, the 104 seems to keep as good of time as the other watches in the sinn lineup?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Love mine. Great watch IMO, not quite a full tool watch, but covers that duty well. Can be worn pretty much with anything. I wasn’t sure about the suede strap, but it is actually very comfortable and looks great. A very nice match.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts