WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Open bracelet, and replace battery, on Seiko SGG713P1?

952 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jobs.jdfournier 
#1 ·
This is the only quartz watch I wear much; I really like it for its solidity, and its robust good looks. However, the battery is dying (the second hand is doing the two-step shuffle). I could take it to a jeweller or watch-repairer, but I think I'd like to do it myself. This will require opening the bracelet, unscrewing the back, and the knowledge to do both without breaking something.

So I'm wondering if anybody here can tell me:
  • Where can I find the information on how to open up this particular style of bracelet?
  • What set of tools should I obtain? I understand that the cheap Chinese kits available by the bucketload on eBay aren't much good (somebody described them as being "made of cheese" and bend horribly the moment you attempt to use them). What about this one from Esslinger?

Thanks folks!

FWIW, here's a picture of the bracelet opened up:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

See less See more
#2 ·
Detach the bracelet at the lugs. I can't see if there are drilled lugs or not. If so, use a tool to push the spring bar through the drilled hole. If no drilled lugs then you need a spring bar tool (looks like a tiny two prong fork) to wedge between the bracelet and lugs and pry the spring bar. I have used the cheep kits for this and it works fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.