WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
good working but i cant see the amplitude values here, are they available because its an must information of how good the watch is repaired/condition

·
Registered
955 Posts

Hi my friends!

Just a little update: I fixed a bug in the algorithm that prevented it
from locking in some situations, and I made a small change to the
interface. Download link, the same.
http://ciovil.li/tg.zip

I really appreciated the enthusiastic reviews of Klaus and Ocram (Marco?),
however I would like to find the remaining bugs and call it v.1.0. So
anyone who tries it and is dissatisfied will have my gratitude if he drops
a line, even by PM. Any critical opinion is welcome. (However please
update to the latest version.)

By the way, I am becoming addicted to test every random watch from
Youtube: it makes even a noob like me feel like I have the elusive BCB.
And you don't get this with any other program! For eye-candy, here you
have one with birds, I suppose, and severe positional variation.

View attachment 5972098
as i said could you add the amplitude even the average one, that would mean a lot to the more serious hobbyst's .

br emso

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thanks, you made me reconsider my design a bit.

As Klaus demostrated, the amplitude is there, it's just not written as a number. For instance, in the screenshot above (pretending that the lift angle 52 is correct: I didn't look it up), the amplitude is about 155 deg.

I have three questions:
1 - Did you try the program on your setup?no but i believe it will work i'm in process of building the microphone
2 - Was it hard to read the amplitude from the graph (if yes, screenshot or even better sound sample would be appreciated)?its very difficult to spot it and to a beginner it would be difficult and errors might occur, numerical values are what the people are used to (from other timing softwares and machines) and would prefer, rarely anyone sees the soundwaves, especially if there is no very difficult defect to find
3 - Why do you feel that the number is better than the picture? in working environment there is no time to analyze the picture

The third is not a rethorical question. Users are king, so if users really prefer a number, then I will see what I can do to get it!
my answers in red

br
emso

1 - 3 of 3 Posts