Good news everyone. A dedicated plug and play microphone for use with tg timegrapher.
View attachment 16161626
¡Compra fácil, vive mejor! Aliexpress.com
Based on someone else's recommendation for the same unit (but at a higher price), after two tries I finally got this unit. No instructions, so... some questions:
(1) Is the micro USB just to charge it's internal battery? Or for something else?
(2) There's one "mic jack" on the unit (and two cables came with it)... Is this the output that I'd then plug into whatever my audio-input is?
(3) Is the switch just above the "mic jack" just on/off for the internal battery to enable it's internal microphone?
(4) There are two LEDs -- what's the meaning of each please? Sliding switch made the red led on, then the blue one started blinking... Sliding switch off, turned the red led off (so it must just be power indicator), but the blue kept blinking for a minute (guessing it's just indicating some audio going "out"??) and then finally turned off.
(5) My unit came with a USB-to-two-Jacks --- Is this just to make it easier to connect this TGBC box to my audio input if it's just a USB? I'm also checking the two different cables that came with the unit...
(6) Any experience with holding the box on any side to "move" the watch to different positions? Do "all" positions seem to work the same?
Hoping that my lightning-to-external-mic-jack will work so I can use this TGBC box with iOS timing software.