WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Excelente trabajo. Muchas gracias. Hemos estado disfrutando casi desde su inicio el programa. Felicitaciones por la característica de Calibración. Muy fácil del configurar. Me gustaría solicitar que integraran el modo Clock. Para relojes de péndulo. Se trataría solamente de medir "rate" y "beat error", sin hacer medición de amplitud. Utilizando solo el tercer sonido de la secuencia del escape.

Text Font Technology Line Screenshot

Excellent work. Thank you very much. We have been enjoying almost since its inception the program. Congratulations on Calibration feature. Very Easy to configure. I would request that integrate the Clock mode. For pendulum clocks. It would be only measured "rate" and "beat error", without amplitude measurement. Using only the third sound of the escape sequence.

Watch-O-Scope here compared to tg calibrated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Inconsistency in data beat error.

Dear Contrate_Wheel. I have had many hours of doing tests with the program you do not a have done. I still admired the performance.

However I have found on several occasions some inconsistency in the data delivery on the beat error.

It is possible that the algorithm is choosing the third sound of the entire event 3, (1: Unlock 2: Impulse and 3: Drop or blockage) However, the sound of falling or blockage that is the stroke of tooth wheel exhaust against locking face of the pallet, is not very stable, ie not as stable as coming from the true clock regulator that is the balance wheel.

Here also I have two screenshot made almost at the same instant. The first with tg and another with other software. I tested with two other software and the results are consistent with each other but not with tg.
View attachment 8596810 View attachment 8596834
Therefore asymmetry that is displaying the program is not the steering wheel but relationship escape wheel / pallets.

If the graph is derived from the time between an unlocking and the next, this screenshot is not corresponding.
View attachment 8596778
The amplitude is not recorded. But if it is registered the beat error. If the amplitude is read from the event unlocking fall, How you are determined by the software here?

It may be that I'm doing something wrong. If it were so I need to make the necessary corrections.

Guido

·
Registered
53 Posts
Inconsistency in data beat error.

Dear Contrate_Wheel. I have had many hours of doing tests with the program you do not a have done. I still admired the performance.

However I have found on several occasions some inconsistency in the data delivery on the beat error.

It is possible that the algorithm is choosing the third sound of the entire event 3, (1: Unlock 2: Impulse and 3: Drop or blockage) However, the sound of falling or blockage that is the stroke of tooth wheel exhaust against locking face of the pallet, is not very stable, ie not as stable as coming from the true clock regulator that is the balance wheel.

Here also I have two screenshot made almost at the same instant. The first with tg and another with other software. I tested with two other software and the results are consistent with each other but not with tg.
Text Font Technology Line Diagram
Line Text Parallel Rectangle

Therefore asymmetry that is displaying the program is not the balance wheel but relationship escape wheel / pallets.

If the graph is derived from the time between an unlocking and the next, this screenshot is not corresponding.
Text Line Font Technology Diagram

The amplitude is not recorded. But if it is registered the beat error. If the amplitude is read between unlocking event to fall, How you are determined by the software here?

It may be that I'm doing something wrong. If it were so I need to make the necessary corrections.

Guido

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi friend Contrate_wheel, thank you for answering my concerns about the software that you have made available to us. I mean what you have done with this software, it is fascinating. What explains that the program algorithm is designed to work with a very poor sound, it is true. And in fact I think that given the nature of the sound of a clock, it's amazing what the software manages to make with such a bad sign. However, that in itself is already an advantage. If you can achieve both a bad sign, sure you can get amazing results with a reasonably clear signal. My opinion is that as the software is now better focus our attention on finding a suitable microphone and preamplifier. A SUGGESTION THAT HERE IS WHAT I USE: reparacionderelojes.weebly.com/modificacioacuten-de-pyle-pp440.html

About the sound from the balance wheel, with all respect I would point out that sound the impulse jewel contact, YES it COME FROM THE BALANCE WHEEL. Please see this video that I have prepared: The Beat Noise Of The Swiss Lever Escapement.
The video REALIZE from this: Audemars Piguet escapement

Although I am not an expert on the subject, I still think it would be better to use the first sound waveform ticking for a more accurate beat error.

Thank you very much

Guido
Mi email. omegacronoARROBAgmailDOTcom

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello contrate_wheel. Thank you very much for your work with the software. If I could have your email maybe you could start making a quick guide to using the software. I think I'd do it. In addition I have some documents that you might be useful. You could send the. Greetings.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone having problems measuring a rolex because of the chiming echoe sound of the movement ?
I pass the sound via Ableton to EQ it a bit but its a bit jumpy. My Omega is way easier and clean (sound).

I use a guitar piezo for tuning etc. Via a mixer with dedicated Mic input.
If you could share an audio file to browse we may be able to offer help.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone having problems measuring a rolex because of the chiming echoe sound of the movement ?
I pass the sound via Ableton to EQ it a bit but its a bit jumpy. My Omega is way easier and clean (sound).

I use a guitar piezo for tuning etc. Via a mixer with dedicated Mic input.
If you could share an audio file to browse we may be able to offer help.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am having problems getting the program up and running properly. I am on Fedora 27. I used git to download the source and compiled it with no problems. I can run the "tg-timer" which seems to work fine with a logitech webcam microphone -- I have no problems picking up data from any of my mechanical watches using the logitech webcam.

View attachment 13292807

My problem is that I cannot get the software to calibrate.

I am attempting to calibrate by placing the webcam mic on one of my quartz watches. When I attempt to calibrate by checking the "calibrate" box in the upper right menu. the software responds by displaying the red clock and the "cal (wait) 0%" comments. Occasionally (rarely) the clock will turn green for a moment and the dialog will report "cal (acq) 0%" but then immediately goes back to "cal (wait 0%)" and nothing else ever happens. The calibration procedure is never completed.

Unfortunately, the "documentation" in the earlier post doesn't really explain what is supposed to be happening or what these cryptic comments mean, or how to troubleshoot if the system fails. That lack of disclosure makes it impossible to debug the failed calibration procedure.

by any chance is there a debug mode in which additional status information is displayed? or additional documentation somewhere that better explains the calibration procedure?

thanks.
https://reparacionderelojes.weebly....2213567/manual_for_tg_timming_machine_2.3.pdf

It is important that the software clearly hear the ticking of the step-by-step motor of the quartz watch. When the indicator clock changes from green to red, it is indicating that the reference sound is not good. It is best to use a piezoelectric contact microphone, as this neutralizes any ambient sound.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This is really awesome! I was looking for something on the app store (mainly looking at the timegrapher apps) and was trying to install Hairspring (which didn't work). Then I stumbled upon this! I'm at work now, so I haven't had the pleasure of trying it out (the only mic I have is a Bluetooth headphone mic, and it did not work, but I checked the System settings and it wasn't really sensing sound either when I tapped it, so it's the mic's fault).

This would be awesome if we could port it with React-Native and get it on IOS and Android!
Good Idea. |>:-!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Excellent the comparison with Aladdin.
Personally knowing these TG and WOS programs, I felt like being released from the Matrix.

I want to share an idea that is not mine but its efficiency is amazing. This is to remove the pre-amp. (I've already built many. Also bought some).

The idea is very simple and I illustrate it with the photograph that I place. is to use a transistor and a resistor. using an electric piezo disc as a sensor bolted to a caiman clamp. one end of the clip has a small piece of rubber in order to avoid scratching the watch.

A 1 mega ohm resistor is used. And a 2N 3904 transistor.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello,
No, I could not. Seem's that bellow some BPH value it won't work. Just a supposition.
In the code, there is a lot of tests on signal, my guess is bellow 15600 it is rejected.
I tried with 9000 and 7200 BPH wall Clock to no avail.
Lower value I could use was 15600 BPH
I changed buffer's size with no luck as well.
PCTM_free could detect wall clock Tic Tocs
I am with the same goal. Be able to read beats less than 15600BPH. But despite having modified several things in the source code I am not successful. Although I have changed the MIN_BPH, and I have added values below those that the program brings by default. If any of the friends could help us with the source code to see where we could "open the door" to readings below 15600 BPH. Please and thank you very much.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts