WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
541 - 554 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! Finally I decided yo try the timegrapher and make me one with the simple circuit of Guido.

Some doubts that maybe you can help me.
- I tried to compile the 0.6 version, but I wasn't able to make the msi file, any hints about how to do it??

- About the amplifier with the piezo + the simple circuit of Guido, I was able to get good results but: is it better to try to find a preamp like Pyle pp444? Any similar in AliExpress?

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi! Finally I decided yo try the timegrapher and make me one with the simple circuit of Guido.

Some doubts that maybe you can help me.
- I tried to compile the 0.6 version, but I wasn't able to make the msi file, any hints about how to do it??

- About the amplifier with the piezo + the simple circuit of Guido, I was able to get good results but: is it better to try to find a preamp like Pyle pp444? Any similar in AliExpress?

Thanks!
Hello @lednicazar, welcome. About the compilation of the program, I think someone with more knowledge than mine will contribute something.
About the preamp alternative, I'll look something up. But if you can detail what you've done, I think we can help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Guido, first of all thanks for the answer and sorry to not being able to answer before...(crazy work weeks outside home ....)
This weekend I had some more time to play, I get good results but something rare is happening because I only get results when I touch with the finger the watch..... Maybe some issue with the grounding... But I'm not finding the issue...

Till now I'm using the bc549 + 12mm piezo and some resistors between 1MOhm and 330k... I'm trying to find the best results.
And to get the sound instead of using the pc soundcard Im using an usb sound adaptor

·
Registered
5 Posts
You mean that maybe I need more amplification???
To me is strange that I only get good level when I put my finger over the metal case of the watch (that's what's makes me suppose a grounding issue).
Tomorrow I will try to check more stuff

·
Registered
69 Posts
The spectrograms in my latest version will do a good job of letting you see how good your signal is. Both signal level and background noise. I've also added a tppm display to help with adjusting levels, but that version isn't released yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Updated TG with new features available for those who can build it.

contrate_wheel hasn't responded to activity on github for almost a year, so I've put together a version with all my work that's finished.

It's available as source on github, and if one is using Fedora there are binary packages on COPR. Building from source is quite trivial on Linux and MacOS and there are instructions in the README.

New features:
  • BPH values down to 8100 will work.
  • Significant performance improvement. Should be over twice as fast now.
  • Alternate layout with horizontal paperstrip can be toggled, allowing for a larger paperstrip with a greater length of displayed time.
  • Free zoom on the paperstrip beat scale. Instead of being fixed at a tenth of a beat, it can freely zoom from one beat to one hundredth of a beat.
  • Division between paperstrip and waveforms can be dragged to make one or the other larger.
  • Audio device setup dialog that allows choosing input device and audio sample rate.
  • High-pass filter cutoff frequency can be adjusted.
  • A few bug fixes and internal improvements.
Hi friend,
I compiled your code in Windows 10 but everytime I try to start the exe file I get the same error : "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
I already searched all the web , installed DirectX runtimes , installed Net Framework runtimes . checked process monitor , checked dependency walker to find out what is the cause but so far no luck. Any ideas why the compiled exe file gives this error ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi friend,
I compiled your code in Windows 10 but everytime I try to start the exe file I get the same error : "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
I already searched all the web , installed DirectX runtimes , installed Net Framework runtimes . checked process monitor , checked dependency walker to find out what is the cause but so far no luck. Any ideas why the compiled exe file gives this error ?
Ok i managed to get it running through msys2 , it doesn`t work directly from exe file but that`s fine.
Thank you for your contribution to this great tool friend! I appreciate it a lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello @lednicazar, we have to keep trying. Rectify the electronic circuit to get a reasonable signal. The excitement comes later when you can properly hear and register the ticking of the clock. If I can help you with something with pleasure.
Finally I received the components to build the amp of the "Watch-O-Scope" website, and with that I get good results.

Ok i managed to get it running through msys2 , it doesn`t work directly from exe file but that`s fine.
Thank you for your contribution to this great tool friend! I appreciate it a lot.
I'm in the same situation as you. I'm trying to compile in windows the new version, i get the tg-timer.exe file but is not working. How do you execute that on windows??

Is not possible to build the .msi file?? Any knows how to compile that to get the windows msi?

Thanks btw for the software is wonderfull!!!

541 - 554 of 554 Posts