WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been interested in the Longines Hydroquest but have never handled one. I just purchased one for a good price from our forum and would like feedback from owners on your impressions of this watch. I have a Doxa 5000 and Sinn U2 and wonder how this watch compares to these in quality and finish? Also, is this a comfortable watch to wear? I don't think I will regret the purchase but would like some feedback! Regards Mark:-!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
From what I read people have nothing but good things to say about them, cant argue with the looks either.
For me the one thing keeping the watch off of my grail list is the overhang on the back of the hands, its a small thing but I hate that in watches, JMO.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have a Hydroconquest auto and I love it. It's a solid watch that is comfortable to wear. At 41mm it has some size and weight to it, but nothing outrageous.

I've got no complaints about the fit and finish on it. Unfortunately, I don't have the Doxa or the Sinn, so I can't really tell you how it would compare.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I don't actually have the watch but my opinion...based on looks alone...

:p:p:p

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Anyone who has one loves them...and no doubt they're very good value for money.

On a personal note I think the numbers are a bit too big but others see this kind of look as sporty

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

I got my black 3 hands HydroConquest in may and am still very much satisfied. The more I compare it to other watches I am convinced that you get very much for the money spent.
I like the quality but also the design. If you look at the new Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean then our HydroConquest does not stand back at all.

The Doxa 5000 and Sinn U2 are very often mentioned when it comes to professional diving. In these sense I have never heard anything about the Hydroconquest. I am no diver, so I have no idea about how it performs in the deep blue.

cheers

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I love mine; Hydro Conquest Chrono with the valjoux 7750 in rubber; very thick n´ substantial.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Re: opinion of Longines Hydroconquest

For the fit, finish, and overall outstanding quality of the Longines Hydroconquest by all accounts it should be a $2000+++ watch...and yet they can be had for 1/2 that....very awesome. :-!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi.
I buy my Hydro(automatic - 41mm, black) about 1 week ago and I have one word for him : perfect:-!
It's a very comfortable watch, very well done, and I love it.
For the price, I cant get anyone better;-)

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I'm not a huge chrono fan but that Hydroconquest chrono is very cool! I like how the pushers are integrated into the crown guard! That one has just made the list!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I have bought two in the past month. I grabbed a black one and simple loved the quality and value. I took some of the "Jones" off my Rolex craving. I loved so much I grabbed the second Blue faced Hydroquest as a Christmas present from me...my wife! :-d Simply a fantastic "dress" diver.:-!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I have bought two in the past month. I grabbed a black one and simple loved the quality and value. I took some of the "Jones" off my Rolex craving. I loved so much I grabbed the second Blue faced Hydroquest as a Christmas present from me...my wife! :-d Simply a fantastic "dress" diver.:-!

Liked it so much you couldn't live without another eh? :-d Congrats on the second ones. I've been looking at those blue ones as well. Hopefully my small wrist will warm up to the 39mm a little better than the 41. :-!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got mine 3 weeks ago as an early Christmas gift and I am suitably impressed with it. I check the time on most of my watches against my cellphone, which has the most accurate time, IMHO. I don't know if my Hydroconquest gains and loses seconds, but the hour and minute are spot on. For 3 weeks running, it has not deviated from an exact match with my cellphone which, to me, is very impressive as it's not even COSC certified.

For the record, I got the automatic Hydroconquest Chronograph.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts