WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
opinion on franck muller casablanca pvd?? pics added

guys i have a choice to either get a u-boat 50mm thousands of feet pvd chronograph or a franck muller casablanca 10 yr anniv pvd. both are same price brand new from a friend at a hard to refuse price, around $4000 range

love the franck muller since its a limited edition and a hefty 47mm x 39mm. the u-boat 50 thousand of feet is a looker too. need advice??

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Frank muller with no hesitation, his a master of complications, well known brand since it has been around for a longer while than U -boat, square case in black pvd isn't common, limited edition as you say and the price is good, i would go for it if i was you, good luck!

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
the uboat is about 3400.00 the franck muller is about 7k. if you want big get the uboat. while the franck muller is nice, I don't like the design at all.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Spoon looks like you got a pretty nice collection already -kudos
Normally I would probably say u-boat, but since you have one already go with the FM. Nice looking watch with limited production (GO 4 IT!) BTW FM is a bit more prestigous as well.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I don't even know why the U Boat and the FM would be in the same sentence. FM! FM! FM! FM! FM! Need I say more?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Based on your collection, which is pretty nice, I am inclined to say "go Franck", because you don't really have much that is Franck-like.

However, the Franck up for grabs is a pvd piece, which doesn't sound very Franck-like to me. I like the Casablanca, or at least many of its permutations, but I am not a pvd-Casa-guy.

The U-boat is pvd all the way. You already have one, and you're itching to buy another, yes? Indeed. You see, I just answered my question for you- buy the U-boat.

Regards,

Rick.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow thanks guys, i had a good three hours of sleep playing some mental gymnastics i have decided to get the franck muller. reason being i dont have anything similar, it is more pretigious and it not readily available. not to mention i like the design and pvd coating very much and im not a franck muller guy.

the casablanca pvd, well the chrono version was one of the prettiest watches i have seen especially with the tan strap, too bad its out of my price range but the non chrono is:)

the uboat thousands of feet stealth chrono pvd is also great but i figured that having another 50mm watch can get monotonous and tiring.

i appreciate all the advice guys and comments about my collection. i credit half to my dad as he passed some of them to me. hes an avid collector and that is where i got my passion for watches, any way will post some pics when the piece arrives. thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here are pics guys. not your typical FM. this one is just pure fun. love the sporty look and pvd coating. you either love it or hate it, no middle ground. i for one love the no frills simplified fm look thats distinctly in its own class. not snobish or trying too hard. this will look uber fun with a tan strap

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yo spoon thats a hot watch. I also love it! Congrats on another fine addition...
thank you, i really like it. 2 of my watches had to go to fund the latest acquisition.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well guys apparently my watch has been acting up. i have never owned a watch that would behave so erraticly and throw tantrums. i have wound the watch sicne day 1 and have used it since friday. it has stopped on several occasions yet stabilizes soon after.

as of this morning it stopped again and was losing 1 sec an minute. wound it again and it has since stabilized. is this normal?

my ad said it is isnt normal yet they say to just observe it. he also said i can return the watch now and get my money back or wait for it to stabilize. thing is he told me if it doesnt stabilize then by then it will be considered a used watch with no more option for refund. what should i do?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts