WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting the hang of re-luming. Should I knock out the old and do all three with new lume that would actually match the rest of the dial? Or, should I do just the one missing it? Or, leave it be?

Thanks,
Randal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Looking at those hands, I think that somebody did a bad job on re-luming them in the past. The lume is spilling out over the edges of the stem and the arrowhead of minute hand. Combine that with the fact that the color in the minute hand and second hand doesn't match the dial, and I would suggest removing the lume from the hands entirely and match them to the dial. My two cents.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
RandalW...Hello. When this happens with one of my watches ( note that we're talking a watch I own...), I remove the lume from all the hands, see if they can be cleaned-up a bit, and away I go.

I've run into this situation several times, and I always think that the hands look better when I'm done.

Do be careful around the hands...they seem usually to be plated, and any attempt to polish the hands, may result in the ( amazingly thin !) plating being removed...ouch!

Good luck...I reckon you'll be fine! Michael.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I've been practicing on some old spare hands and I think I'm about ready to tackle this. I'll post results soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts