WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
There are just so many Seikos they all don't get the attention they deserve. This looks nice to me. The bracelet looks like it has solid links and the clasp has a push button deployant. The end links (connecting to the case) are not solid, but that is ok for a watch at this price. Funky looking bezel.

I'm sure the lume is fine as well, but it depends on what you are expecting.

One note about the black coating...you will find that it will wear away on the spots that get regular surface contact, like the clasp. So over time you will get the base metal showing through in spots. Also the shiny parts tend to collect fingerprints and smudges.

The movement is Seiko's entry level 7S movement. Just so you are aware, automatic/mechanical movements do not have as good as a daily accuracy as quartz and if not worn for a few days the watch will stop and you will have to reset the time. This movement does not hand wind through the crown, but many people keep them running by gently swinging from side to side for a few minutes.

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
I think what he's saying is it could potentially be rubbed away on areas that are going to be subject to friction, ie the clasp resting/rubbing on a desk day in, day out, etc.

I've had mine for going on two months now which isn't a lot but as I said I do tend to bash my watch around a lot and it's had a few decent scrapes and there's not a mark on it so I'm not too worried about the durability of the black coating.

Hope this helps.
Yes, this is what I meant. It was just a general comment on black ion plated watches and not specifically this one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.