WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be my 1st automatic watch.
Is this a good watch? can't find any review about it and i'm really noob bout watches. :think:
The only thing I'm concern bout this model is the lume brightness. how long does it last.

(actually this is my second choice after decide that the snzf little moster model just too big for wrist)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure the lume is fine as well, but it depends on what you are expecting.

One note about the black coating...you will find that it will wear away on the spots that get regular surface contact, like the clasp. So over time you will get the base metal showing through in spots. Also the shiny parts tend to collect fingerprints and smudges.
I expect the lume will last about 3-4hours.

er, the black coating will wear away? that's makes me worried.
is all black coating watch usually will wear off?

Lume is great, nowhere near as good as a diver but it starts out nice and bright and although it does fade a little quickly it's at least readable for most of the night.

I would take a look at the Seiko divers though such as the SKX series, I find myself at times wishing I had got one instead and the price difference is nothing (in fact, I'm about to pull the trigger on an Orange Monster for less than I paid for my 5 :D)
can the lume last for at least 3-4hours?

I wish my wrist is bigger, I really love the snzf53 and the orange monster. o|

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think what he's saying is it could potentially be rubbed away on areas that are going to be subject to friction, ie the clasp resting/rubbing on a desk day in, day out, etc.

I've had mine for going on two months now which isn't a lot but as I said I do tend to bash my watch around a lot and it's had a few decent scrapes and there's not a mark on it so I'm not worried about the durability of the black coating too much.

It depends what you mean by lasts, it dims a lot within the first couple of hours but I've found it readable (if a little dim) for most of the night, I've woken up and looked at my watch at 4am or so a few times and although it's taken a second, it's still pretty readable.

Hope this helps.
Thanks man, that's help a lot. now i'm at ease, going to order mine for RM500. :thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.