WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I am looking for opinions on the following pictures. Steinhart Ocean One vs Steinhart Ocean One 39mm.

My wrist is 6.75 inches. My head tells me the 39 fits better. I think the 39 looks better in the pics. Every time I look at the 39 on my wrist I think it looks small...

To confuse myself even more my 39.5mm Aqua Terra does not appear small to my eyes. I am guessing the bezel on the ocean one is what makes it appear smaller to me.

Anyways please let me know what you think.

Thank you!!!

The 1st and 4th pic are the 39mm. The 2nd and 3rd are the 42mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Seems to fit perfectly.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have a 6.25" wrist so 39mm for me. But you look like the 42mm is more your size.

Watches are like sunglasses, you have to try them on to be really sure. My 41mm Longines Hydroconquest is bigger than my 42mm Glycine Combat Sub.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is obviously a personal preference, but I'll entertain with my 2 cents. I was rocking 42mm watches regularly and felt like it was a solid size for my 7-inch wrist.

I finally pulled the trigger on a DA36 a couple years ago and by comparison a 40mm felt very small initially. But after a couple weeks of wearing it and moving back over to a 42mm, the 42mm then felt too large. I've since changed my preference from 42mm watches to now 38-40mm watches. I appreciate the smaller profile.

With all that said, I think both look just fine on your wrist! Personally, I'd go with the smaller of the 2. But that's also coming from a guy who also really enjoyed 42mm's. haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Both can work, but I think the 39 looks better. I specifically look at where the lugs fall on your wrist, and on the 42 they are right at the edge. I generally think that if the lugs extend past the wrist, it is probably too big.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I honestly think that they both look great. As I have a strong preferance for smaller sized watches (by today's standards) I'd go for the smaller one but really, they both look great. Can't go wrong either way in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
If your head is telling you to go with the 39mm, then go with the 39mm. Besides, the lug-to-lug width for the 39mm seems to fit your wrist better than the lug-to-lug width of the 42mm.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Both fit your wrist well but they wear different and the way I see it the 42mm screams for attention while the 39 just blends in.
I would go with the 39 but know that you can wear both sizes.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If it feels small to you, go with a larger one. That one looks smallish on your wrist, but not out of place. FWIW, I have a 6.5" wrist and wear up to 48mm just fine. It's about what fits your preferences better. I had a few around 38mm when I got started with Russian mechanicals, but I learned that I just don't get as much enjoyment from smaller watches and they feel out of place, so no sense dealing with that.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts