WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. New to this forum

I really like the look of these watches and I am tempted to get them. (Both if I am being greedy)

GS90130-05
GS90130-06

(I can't post links yet!)

Any opinion on them from the experts here please?
Any idea about what movement it may use?

From the look of it, the Rotary's look seems to be based on a Tag Heuer(TAG Heuer Watch Carrer Calibre 17), but I like the look of the Rotary better..
Try goggling: REF: CAR221A.FC6353

But as a close clone don't want to pay money on bad watches..

Any one has one? Seems to be going for around £229.
Are the movements worth that much?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is from the Rotary page...

Rotary Les originales Avenger Sport with Swiss quartz movement. With a brown leather strap and a blue dial and date window this is a unique design. Dolphin standard, swim and dive all day with Rotary Lifetime Guarantee.

Display Type Analogue
Date Display Yes
Case Width 40mm
Dial Colour Blue
Crystal/Glass Type Sapphire
Case Material Stainless steel
Strap Type Strap
Strap Material Leather
Strap Colour Brown
Clasp Buckle
Waterproof Dolphin Water Resistant Standard - swim and dive all day
Movement Quartz
Chronograph Yes
Packaging Rotary Packaging
Guarantee Lifetime

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I like the brown one. They make nice watches. Its just that they're known for making watches that look like famous luxury watches. Especially navitimer homages.
I don't know where they're made, but I believe they're meant to be reliable. Certainly more reliable than an homage brand like Struhling.
They're quite an old company, and much better known in the UK than the USA. I don't know that they've had continuity of ownership since then.

·
Premium Member
80,520 Posts
They tend to get sneered at a bit in some quarters (I'm not saying where or they might come and get me) but they don't turn a bad watch out though. If, however, there was a Seiko I could get for similar money I'd be buying the product of the land of the rising sun.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I love my rotary skeleton, yes it's China made but I love it, the size 39mm, soft strap and pretty movement are great, no accuracy issues and it feels so smooth to wind. Rotary are good watches for the money just be sure you understand your not getting a Swiss made one unless it's a les originales. Funny thing is I returned my les originales rotary revelation (quartz) as it had no soul and seemed extortionately expensive for a quartz watch. I would look at Rotary's other mechanical offerings but if your dead set on a chrono Swiss made rotary then go for it, but for me it seemed a no brainer knowing you can get a well produced mechanical from them for a similar price (Amazon deal £75)

Here's mine, not my pic

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...eton+watch&dpPl=1&dpID=41HQetQ-y6L&ref=plSrch

I'm very impressed with the quality and I'd even go as far as to say it's worth it at £180 when not on sale! They have silver, gold and rose gold colours too.

Rotary skeletons can be had for less on eBay too if you shop around. Out of the two you have posted I'd say the blue dial looks nicer.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your thoughts, appreciated.

The main reason I like the watches are for the looks. As mentioned had a look on Amazon and the silver one is on sale for£150, so have ordered it!!

I do slightly like the blue one better, but can't justify £80 extra.. but if that does come on sale at £150, and the silver ones quality is up to scratch, I may order it too..

Thank you for the s skeleton model picture, but prefer these Tag copy design, probably a personal thing..

As these are the 'Les Original' models, anyone know who makes the movement?

Thanks again

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Pro Tip - Never ever pay anything near the full RRP price for a Rotary watch. Search around and you with a little patience you'll normally find them at 50-70% of the full price.

Also know that their watches aren't really anything 'Swiss' at all, and their Lifetime Warranty is effectively a useless marketing gimmick. But apart from that the watches are ok. They aren't quite up to the standards of their equivalent Seiko or Citizen counterparts, and I've never quite found them as satisfying either, but if you can find them cheap enough they make for a decent budget watch.

Here is one of mine

·
Registered
410 Posts
I bought my first Rotary last week, when one I fancied popped up with a very deep discount (the best circumstances under which to buy them) It was an Ocean Avenger, which uses a Ronda movement. It's a nice enough piece, certainly nothing high end, but it's a value way to get the 70's Omega Seamaster 300 vibe for Seiko 5 money. I found the mock-croc leather strap to be a little blechh, with, to my mind, too big a taper for the case size and a rather too-shiny finish, although it looks a lot nicer on my old HMT Janata for some reason.

They also have a Speedy lookalike, the GS00470, that's going for around £80 at some outlets at the moment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.