WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on here so bear with me if I dont know what I'm doing quite yet.
I have a collection of about 20 or so watches but nothing too spectacular.
I have a Tag Heuer F1 Chrono, few Seikos, Tissot and few others. But now, I would love a new dress watch thats a little more "upscale". My budget is about $1500 and this watch I found for $1300.
So I pretty much love this Maurice Lacroix because of its simplicity, looks and size..
What do you guys think? Any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I've always liked the Pontos. The ML movement is based on the Unitas 6498, which is a well known and loved hand-cranker. It's kind of on the large side for a dress watch but very versatile in overall style. I say go for it!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
ML is a good, respected brand among WIS. Average Joe nevah hoid uv et. It's classy and dressy and should serve you well.

And welcome to WUS; always glad to have a person of taste aboard!

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

It's nice, but I feel that the crown guards are confusing - this is a dress watch, not a diver.

Plenty of other 6498-powered options out there - depends what you want.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I like this style a lot. I remember considering purchase of one with a light colored dial some time ago, but passed on it in part because 43mm is too big for me for a dress watch (I'm not anywhere close to 6'6''). I do recall though, that someone (Amazon, or one of the online GM sellers) had it on a special for less than a thousand, though this was some time ago. ML often sells at heavy discount, so I'd suggest a little more price reconnaissance.

(Note: just did a little looking myself, and best price I found was about $1300. Oh, well.)

·
Registered
691 Posts
ML makes excellent timepiece that are of very good value.
Here in Singapore, some grey dealers are selling certain models at 30-65% off MSRP.

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,876 Posts
Nice watch. Best thing about that watch is that it speaks to you and you like it. I wore my ML yesterday. Great watch for the money.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
ML is very nice. I have a pontos and love it. Hamilton Jazzmaster or Federique Constant are also worth a look. Since you are a big guy a B&R WW1 Grande date would be perfect (though over budget)
FCclearvision.jpg frederique_constant_0706_fc_700smg5m6_02.jpg B&RWW1grandedate.jpg

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I appreciate all the suggestions and opinions! I think I'll still end up going with the ML I just want to find the best price possible obviously the best I've found is 1300 as well so I'm hoping I can get even lower but I'd settle there I think. Thanks again!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like this style a lot. I remember considering purchase of one with a light colored dial some time ago, but passed on it in part because 43mm is too big for me for a dress watch (I'm not anywhere close to 6'6''). I do recall though, that someone (Amazon, or one of the online GM sellers) had it on a special for less than a thousand, though this was some time ago. ML often sells at heavy discount, so I'd suggest a little more price reconnaissance.

(Note: just did a little looking myself, and best price I found was about $1300. Oh, well.)
Oh if I could find it below a thousand I'd get it right away but I dont think I'll have much luck with that

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Sorry to bump the thread, but I thought someone might be interested to know that Amazon has this on their Black Friday Lightning deal right now for $1,029. Ends in less than an hour. Too big for my liking, but seems like a great deal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts