WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Montblanc is certainly well respected as a pen manufacturer. What do members think about Montblanc's watch offerings? Any experiences from owners with customer service for their watches?

Generally, what are your thoughts of the company as a watch brand?

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
The current iteration of the brand is very impressive. JLC design approach is visible in their designs, which is a good thing. Their use of Minerva movements is impressive.
The pricing is excellent.

Overall it is a brand that has a lot going for it and could be to JLC (under Richemont umbrella) what Tudor is to Rolex.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Isn't this kind of a reposted topic?

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
I have owned my MontBlanc Heritage Chronometrie Ultra Slim for over two years or maybe three.

I am extremely happy with it.

MontBlanc is really going places with their Watches.

They are still sensibly-priced.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I agree. My brother has one of their entry-level models (totally blanking on what model it actually is) so got a chance to try it on for a few minutes. It felt really great on the wrist, which I, for some reason, didn't expect. Simple and understated.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think they make some interesting models at some interesting prices, but they have far too many models that results in them lacking a little coherency as a brand. JLC-lite is mostly accurate, though they also have delved into the Minerva archives for inspiration. Most of their watches are a little big and a little thick for my tastes, but I think their finishing is good for the price. I think they make great watches for daily wear in an office, or smart looking pieces for the occasional formal event.

I also like their pens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,341 Posts
My life loves hers. I think today the positives are more numerous than the negatives. There is a Montblanc boutique less than 10 minutes from my home. I am impressed with the beauty of many of their watches every time I visit it and as pointed out above, they are using good movements.

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
They make fine watches, I just can't get past the name.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts