WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there-

I got interested in Pilot/Flieger watches and most posts/forums direct me to Stowa (I like their qulaity, finish, history,etc). I like the B-dial a tad more because of its uniqueness (albeit the A-dial is pretty different, as well).

I saw a picture here of the A-dial with a dress shirt and suit- it looked really snazzy. Does the B-dial also look as good with a dress shirt and suit or is it more casual and doesn't really go when suited up.

Thanks in advance for all comments/pictures etc.

Yis

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think both a and b dial handles casual smart dress code better.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
+1

I got my Baumuster B for khakis and polos to shorts and T. Then again, there's very few formal rules about watch etiquette. You should do what makes you comfortable.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Tool watches are tool watches, and as such, they should be paired with clothing more in keeping with a toolish design.

Having said that, the fact that Stowa insists on a dress watch size for a tool watch, the decently decorated movement with crystal back, and having flame blued hands, the Stowa flieger examples (either one) are the best choices if you insist on wearing a pilot watch with dressy attire. In general though, I feel like formal attire deserves a dress watch paired with it, and if nothing else, it's just excuse to shop for another watch to add to your collection for these moments.

Reactions: Scofield

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purely aesthetically, I think the Stowa Flieger (B dial) looks great with a dress shirt and suit. If we were to rewrite the rules for these things, I would declare all divers inappropriate, before mentioning Stowa pilot watches.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the opinion-guys.

Just to clarify- I plan on wearing this in my business casual attire (generally slacks and polo shirt). However, many times I also wear a dress shirt (oxford style), so I just wanted to know if this would go with that get-up.

Thanks again,
Yis

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Thanks for the opinion-guys.

Just to clarify- I plan on wearing this in my business casual attire (generally slacks and polo shirt). However, many times I also wear a dress shirt (oxford style), so I just wanted to know if this would go with that get-up.

Thanks again,
Yis
Polo shirt and slacks, definitely. For an oxford type dress shirt, a dressier watch is more appropriate. An oxford style dress shirt is a look that is a step up from a common polo, and as such, the level of watch from just nice to dressy should be stepped up as well. My personal taste/feelings only of course.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Polo shirt and slacks, definitely. For an oxford type dress shirt, a dressier watch is more appropriate. An oxford style dress shirt is a look that is a step up from a common polo, and as such, the level of watch from just nice to dressy should be stepped up as well. My personal taste/feelings only of course.
I agree completely.

As an example, I have a meeting with regulators tomorrow. I'll be dressed in long-sleeved shirt with trousers, and the flieger will be have to stay home. :-(

I love my dress watch, but still in the honeymoon phase with the flieger. ;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These last pics are good- the flieger does look nice with those threads. Now, if we can a pic of the B-dial in a similar fashion (sorry for the pun), that would be sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts