WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am currently torn between two watches and really in need some guidance. I currently own a Glashutte Original Senator Sixties Chrono. It is one of the best looking dress watch in my opinion. I recently came across an option for a trade for a JLC Master Compressor Geographic. I love GMT watches and I do travel quite a bit. I don't wear the GO very much because to me it is pretty dressy. The Compressor Geographics feels more everyday wearing? Should I keep the GO or should I get the JLC. Please help me by expressing your opinions. Thank you guys so much!! Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
GO and JLC are two of my favorite watch brands and I'm a big fan of the Senator Sixties. I have to admit that I'm not too fond of the Master Compressor Geographic, though, as it seems pretty busy and the crowns feel a bit over the top.

If you want a watch that is both a chronograph and has a GMT complication then you may want to consider the Omega Aqua Terra Chronograph GMT. It's a great looking watch and uses one of Omega's in house movements. The blue, teak dial is really attractive too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your opinion. Chronograph nor GMT are a need for me. I just happen to love the chronograph on the GO.

GO and JLC are two of my favorite watch brands and I'm a big fan of the Senator Sixties. I have to admit that I'm not too fond of the Master Compressor Geographic, though, as it seems pretty busy and the crowns feel a bit over the top.

If you want a watch that is both a chronograph and has a GMT complication then you may want to consider the Omega Aqua Terra Chronograph GMT. It's a great looking watch and uses one of Omega's in house movements. The blue, teak dial is really attractive too.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Thank you so much for your opinion. Chronograph nor GMT are a need for me. I just happen to love the chronograph on the GO.
Ah OK, there are lots of watches that are more casual than the Senator Sixties. If you let us know a bit more about what you're looking for (besides it being more casual than the GO) then maybe we can make some better suggestions. Personally I wouldn't let the GO go for the Master Compressor Geographic.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah OK, there are lots of watches that are more casual than the Senator Sixties. If you let us know a bit more about what you're looking for (besides it being more casual than the GO) then maybe we can make some better suggestions. Personally I wouldn't let the GO go for the Master Compressor Geographic.
Thanks again for the honest opinion especially when I am under the JLC section. Please do not get me wrong, I really do love the GO, but I just don't wear it as much as I like. I am currently wearing a PAM423 as my daily, and I would like a second watch that's not too formal to go into the rotation. I really like JLC, and I love the feel of the compressor line. I thought about a Rolex Sub C, but I just can't bring myself to a Rolex. I guess what I am looking for is something not too dressy, 100m minimum, GMT is a nice but not a need. Here are some watches I had. Grand Seiko SBGE001, Omega PO XL 8500, Bell & Ross BR93-02, Bremont ALT-Z, Alexander Shorokov. I am sure I am missing something else haha

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Thanks again for the honest opinion especially when I am under the JLC section. Please do not get me wrong, I really do love the GO, but I just don't wear it as much as I like. I am currently wearing a PAM423 as my daily, and I would like a second watch that's not too formal to go into the rotation. I really like JLC, and I love the feel of the compressor line. I thought about a Rolex Sub C, but I just can't bring myself to a Rolex. I guess what I am looking for is something not too dressy, 100m minimum, GMT is a nice but not a need. Here are some watches I had. Grand Seiko SBGE001, Omega PO XL 8500, Bell & Ross BR93-02, Bremont ALT-Z, Alexander Shorokov. I am sure I am missing something else haha
How about the JLC Deep Sea Chronograph? It's got the WR you're looking for, it's a JLC and is sporty/casual. Great looking too.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I really like how the Compressor Geo looks, and if your Sixties is a bit too dressy for you, the Geo could be a great alternative. It is much sportier than the Sixties, but if needed, it can be dressed up pretty easily as well. I actually like it more than the regular master geo.

The only thing I don't like about it is it's implementation of the second time. When you adjust the local time, you adjust the hour hand of the subdial (not the main hour hand), so the sub-dial tells you the local time, while the main hands tell you your reference time. I found this a little counter-intuitive, but not a big deal enough that makes me not get it.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Personally, I would rather have the GO Senator Sixties Chronograph because I wear a sport coat daily and this would be a great option for me to wear to work on a daily basis, where the Geographic feels more like weekend wear to me and I'm not sure I'd be bangining the JLC down alleys in Bangkok or Hong Kong or wherever my travels would take me in the summer either because it feels a bit too precious for that (perhaps my thoughts would change when it was on the wrist though). It sounds like your daily dress leans more casual than mine though so if the Geographic would find more wrist time than the GO, this seems like a good move. Not sure what the resale values on these watches are, but they intuitively feel like watches of equal standing...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Personally, I would rather have the GO Senator Sixties Chronograph because I wear a sport coat daily and this would be a great option for me to wear to work on a daily basis, where the Geographic feels more like weekend wear to me and I'm not sure I'd be bangining the JLC down alleys in Bangkok or Hong Kong or wherever my travels would take me in the summer either because it feels a bit too precious for that (perhaps my thoughts would change when it was on the wrist though). It sounds like your daily dress leans more casual than mine though so if the Geographic would find more wrist time than the GO, this seems like a good move. Not sure what the resale values on these watches are, but they intuitively feel like watches of equal standing...
Haven't traveled to Bangkok since I've had my Compressor GMT, but I've been bracing rainstorms during summers in Hong Kong and Hawaii with it. I see your point that the Compressor Geo feels more like a weekend wear, but I think it will be fine with business casual attire or even in business suit.

To make things harder. The jlc will come on a leather strap. The deal is my GO plus 900.
I don't know if it is a good deal or not. The leather strap makes it a bit dressier, but I would also get their rubber strap too.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I find the GO more appealing to me than that jlc... but that is so for almost any jlc and go comparison for me..
I find go aesthetics almost always more to my liking and there are few jlc i would buy although i can appreciate they are fine watches...but please do not take our opinions too Seriously...both are great watches and you should get what you like the most and is most useful for you...there is no bad choice among them.

·
Registered
10,829 Posts
Hi Steve, that is one gorgeous GO! ;-)

I understand what you say, i felt the same way while I had it, it's somehow too classy or too dressy for everyday wear...

I love JLC in general, but that particular one doesn't do much for me. Rolex, Omega, Blancpain, Grand Seiko make better divers in that price range IMO.

But in the end, the only important thing is to get what really sings to you. The fact that you asked this question in the forums makes me think that the JLC does not really do that.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If you rarely wear the GO, I say trade it. The jlc seems more suited for your lifestyle....

·
Registered
739 Posts
that is one ugly JLC, do yourself a favor and hold onto the GO over that one. if u want a gmt find a different one to trade for, hello rolex

·
Registered
689 Posts
How about the Master Geographic or the Master Hometime? Both much better looking IMHO and not so dressy as the GO.

Just my .02c.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts