WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now that I've settled on my daily beater (Seiko SRP481), I'm finding that I need a weekender (yes.. I know, I know. I'll need something for formal / work events as well - LOL)

I was thinking of the SRP09 + an Orange Bonetto Cinturini #281 strap. Thoughts? GO! (and thank you!)

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
very fine watch choices. since you asked, i think the orange bands get to be "too much" worn regularily.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I think you can't go wrong with a BC strap. Nominally priced natural rubber straps that are way above the quality bar compared to what you pay.

If you want an orange rubber strap and like the style....I say go for it.

If you're looking for other orange rubber straps, you may want to look at Benarus Cuda straps. Looks like they only come in 22 or 24mm size though...no 20mm, so you would have to get an Xacto knife and notch down the lug hole area to fit the Monster's 20mm lug width.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I recently put the original metal bracelet back on my Orange Monster. Looks and feels like a new watch!
The metal bracelets looks much sportier than the black and orange watch band I just removed. The K1 bracelets have helped sell a lot of monsters for a good reason, but sometimes we all need a little variety in our lives. Go for the orange watch band and see if you like it.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
It's a high quality strap but that means you're proposing a $35 experiment. A less costly alternative might be a $18 orange-black Hadley Roma or a Z20 clone in orange Si for ~$12. None of these would result in a look lacking orange wow factor certainly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a high quality strap but that means you're proposing a $35 experiment. A less costly alternative might be a $18 orange-black Hadley Roma or a Z20 clone in orange Si for ~$12. None of these would result in a look lacking orange wow factor certainly.
Thanks for pointing me at Hadley Roma. I may go for a NATO next..

Fortunately for me, I came across a BC #281 on eBay for about $24 shipped. Using $15 in leftover eBay gift card funds lowers this experiment to $9.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you can't go wrong with a BC strap. Nominally priced natural rubber straps that are way above the quality bar compared to what you pay.

If you want an orange rubber strap and like the style....I say go for it.

If you're looking for other orange rubber straps, you may want to look at Benarus Cuda straps. Looks like they only come in 22 or 24mm size though...no 20mm, so you would have to get an Xacto knife and notch down the lug hole area to fit the Monster's 20mm lug width.
The Benarus looks very much like an ISOfrane!

I went with orange as I wanted something loud and boisterous to offset the very dressy and conservative watches I now find myself wanting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts