WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with the HR ms852? Or recommend an alternative for my rose gold orient bambino v.2

hadleyroma852brown.jpg

·
Banned
1,434 Posts
I had the Hirsch version (Rivetta), but was disappointed when in the first couple days the buckle scratched off the coating on the strap, and it looked terrible. Unless the HR version is better in this regard, I wouldn't bother. Also a very stiff strap. It's a good looking strap, but perhaps these problems are why Hirsch no longer makes it.

·
Premium Member
36,251 Posts
Agree. Mine was very nice looking but very stiff and inflexible.

I never did get it to break in correctly.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Steinhart used to make one like this in black, IRC they called it "russian leather" strap and cost about $30, I'm still kicking myself for not buying it when it was available :(

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Well, I went ahead and bought the Hadley Roma, the dark brown one and just for those who might read this thread in the future, it's not stiff at all. at least the long piece, the short one is a bit hard to bend but it is to be expected from this type of design. Overall very happy with the strap, looks like quality piece from every angle, has nice smell of new shoes too and it's even waterproof. I think it will go quite well with my Oris and some other watches I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts