WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I'm new to the Panerai side of the forum.

I am considering a 388 and would like your opinions. I know they are not regarded as the purists' Panerai but I see a couple of posts below this (at time of posting) on the 388 and also on 45 v 47mm Radiomirs. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Hi,my suggestion will be to try as much style as possible,I do find the 388 to be a bit on the chubby and heavy side,but try it first,you may like it....personally I like the 504/505 duo for modern rads....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,my suggestion will be to try as much style as possible,I do find the 388 to be a bit on the chubby and heavy side,but try it first,you may like it....personally I like the 504/505 duo for modern rads....
Hi, many thanks for replying. I will be trying it shortly, I am thinking either PAM 388 or 514 although I am concerned regarding the size of the 514 (47mm).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. The other options are 183 and 512 (but concerned that at 42mm the 512 might be too small - if I can get hold of one!). Also I'm going to wait a week or so to see if there are any new Radiomirs announced at SIHH.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Well..512 might be small for Panerai's standard,but it is still a big watch on its own,and it has plain dial as opposed to several Rads with inner bezel

And if I were in your shoes,I may go for 512 instead of 388 or 183

And if you go pre-owned,you open a whole lot more options...maybe 190 if you increase the budget

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Hi, many thanks for replying. I will be trying it shortly, I am thinking either PAM 388 or 514 although I am concerned regarding the size of the 514 (47mm).
personally. I like the 514 More for a few reasons.
the 47mm
Manual wind and
the Case Style.

but as been said before, try a few pieces on . you'll never know, you might be able to pull off the 47mm.
on the other hand. you should Buy what your Heart Desires. Buy what you Love and don't worry if you end up with a less Popular Model on your Wrist. who cares.

Good Luck

Reactions: corrado

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,714 Posts
I prefer the no date 512 to the 514 for aesthetics and lack of date. Per the original model the OP mentioned, the 388, I find the case a bit awkward atop the wrist and care not for the extra wording "Black Seal" on the dial.

This said, some of the most attractive Rad's to me over the years, regardless of whether modern or vintage, show the subsidiary dial at 9:00 but still bears the "9" on the dial.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I tried the 388 at panerai boutique Singapore... Beautiful. But agree it is thick.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I really loved the size of the 388 and fit. The one thing I wasn't crazy about was the loud rotor. I have a pet peeve about loud rotors and this is one of them. Not as extreme in feel of the wobble n sound of a 7750 though. I still would like to add a 388 to my collection wish it was a manual wind...then it would be perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts