WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I'm taking a little time to actually enjoy my watches, perhaps half of my day is consumed with scenarios of strap/bracelet and case combinations. Your excellent photos have to be the blame for this, John Wilson.

So I'm thinking of some possible changes to my bracelets and straps in combination with some of my watches, and here are some of my ideas:

- take off silver Bond bracelet from chrono diver and put on black GMT
- take off two tone Bond Bracelet from two-tone SMP (white dial, pre-"Goldeneye") and put on chrono diver (the gold on the bracelet isn't that accentuated and I think would complement the red on the chrono diver's dial)
- put a brown strap on two tone SMP

or

- just get a black rubber or leather strap and put on GMT, leave the SMP and SMP chrono diver alone.

Any opinions would be appreciated, including thoughts on my state of mind...:)

I'm also getting the hives waiting for my Speedy to come back from service, which will be on Saturday...

I like the 1171 but these alligator strap pics I always see drive me nuts! I guess most folks would say get another Speedy (and I will, I assure you, in the near future)...

In any case, it's almost 5 am where I am and I'm still up! The country just had an "almost" coup d' etat and I've been watching the news all night till I decided to put on...of all movies, Apollo 13, which I've had sitting on the shelves for months but never really watched it (OK, I watched it in 95 but fell asleep during the first ten minutes...I had just arrived in Chicago and my brother, a space nut, took me to see it but I was horribly jet-lagged). Now its' getting really interesting. My wife and son are peacefully sleeping and I'm up drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes profusely, watching a DVD and typing this post...while simultaneously looking up the stories of Lovell, Swigert and Apollo 13 on Wikipedia and other Net sites.

Well, its' a holiday tomorrow so I get to sleep in the whole day anyhow.

P.S. I really don't like Hanks in this role and I think an actor like Ford or Costner would have filled the part of Lovell better...but this is for the cafe. Sorry guys, my adrenaline is still up from today's commotion.

Glimmer

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Hang in there, buddy!

I'm the worst person to make suggestions about straps. I put black leather on everything, though sometimes it's perfed! Oh, and kevlar on Speedy was a pretty bold move.

I know that my favorite look for the SMP is rubber, though.

Let us know what you end up doing!

eric

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hang in there, buddy!

I'm the worst person to make suggestions about straps. I put black leather on everything, though sometimes it's perfed! Oh, and kevlar on Speedy was a pretty bold move.

I know that my favorite look for the SMP is rubber, though.

Let us know what you end up doing!

eric
Eric,

You are too humble my friend...your kevlar and perforated shots are great!

Well, in about 4 hours I'll be getting a black leather strap for the GMT. As for the SMP I'll check if there is a blue rubber aftermarket one around (I doubt this very much, it will have to be Technomarine..uggh...sorry TM fans, I just don't get it).

Glimmer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts