WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellow WUSers!

I have a vintage Rado that I would like to put a strap on and I would like your opinions on what kind of strap belongs on it.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I say keep it one the bracelet. However if you must put it on a strap it needs to be brown leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I say keep it one the bracelet. However if you must put it on a strap it needs to be brown leather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like nothing better than to keep it on the bracelet. It's just that my wrist is 8 inches and the bracelet and watch fit it a little too tightly. I can wear it in cooler weather but when the weather becomes warmer my wrist gets slightly bigger making it impossible for me to wear it. What I was thinking is putting it on a python strap that is brown and goldish yellow. I found the vendor in the straps and bracelets forum. Another thought would be to put it on a polished sting ray strap. Whatever I put it on, I want it to retain its "mod" style of the late 60's and early 70's.

I have looked for vintage Rado bracelets and they are always too small for my wrist and pricey (starting at about $250.00 to $400.00).

Attachments

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Given the bonkers dial, go for a plain strap so it can really sing out
My preference would be black, but a good dark brown could really work

Basically, the madder the dial, the plainer the strap needed imo

60s Komandirskie

70s pin lever Eurastyle

Arabic dialled 80s Pobeda Zim

60s Raketa Jet

70s Seiko 5606-8130 with faceted crystal

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I would like nothing better than to keep it on the bracelet. It's just that my wrist is 8 inches and the bracelet and watch fit it a little too tightly. I can wear it in cooler weather but when the weather becomes warmer my wrist gets slightly bigger making it impossible for me to wear it. What I was thinking is putting it on a python strap that is brown and goldish yellow. I found the vendor in the straps and bracelets forum. Another thought would be to put it on a polished sting ray strap. Whatever I put it on, I want it to retain its "mod" style of the late 60's and early 70's.

I have looked for vintage Rado bracelets and they are always too small for my wrist and pricey (starting at about $250.00 to $400.00).
Most watch repair or parts store should be able to sell you a $4 clasp expander (usually spring-loaded). I've used them a lot and they're a great way to retain an original bracelet. Of course, I don't know if the bracelet on your RADO has a regular clasp or is a "butterfly" clasp, so apologies if my suggestion is moot!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for your help! I've been looking to extenders and watching videos on how to attach them. The only thing I am clueless on is how to measure them. On the outside of the clasp it's 15mm. On the inside of the clasp it's 14mm. Do I order a 15mm or 14mm extender.

Thank you again for your help!
Chris

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Thank you for your help! I've been looking to extenders and watching videos on how to attach them. The only thing I am clueless on is how to measure them. On the outside of the clasp it's 15mm. On the inside of the clasp it's 14mm. Do I order a 15mm or 14mm extender.

Thank you again for your help!
Chris
They go inside the clasp so it's the inside measurement is what you need. I usually take the watch to my guy and we try the clasps to make sure they fit. Some can be a little snug. You can usually get an extra inch or so (wrist size-wise) out of them, but admittedly they can be a bit of a pain to move/adjust once they're set!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts