WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my first time posting in the Doxa forum. I have considered Doxa for some time, and a good friend of mine recently said he was selling off some of the collection, which includes a Doxa 750 Pro GMT that I am considering. We're meeting up on the weekend to talk turkey, but I was interested in the info that Doxa afficianados could give me, ie:

1. As I crest middle age, I find I like a big dial. How legible do you find the 750 Pro GMT in comparison to say a 40mm case watch?

2. How's the lume on these watches?

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh, the unique case is interesting but I really need to see it. I have not owned an orange dialed watch in many, many years, and this too interests me.

Thanks for your opinions and thoughts on this model,

Best,

Chris

·
Registered
56 Posts
From my own experience I find the dial on the GMT to be more or less as legible as a 1000T model. This is due to the extra time zone ring "obscuring" some of the dial area.
The dial size would be more or less the same as a standard 40mm watch I guess.

As to the lume I found it to be very good, although the hands themselves aren't thick enough to compare to e.g. Seiko lume. And as I can remember the lume pretty much last the whole night through.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Chris,

This should give you some idea of the lume

I didn't have mine that long but I don't recall legibility being a problem, obviously the dial is busier than a standard watch but if you like the GMT feature and the price is right than go for it!

Hope this helps

Dave

·
Registered
251 Posts
I also have a GMT Caribbean and I really have no legibility problems. I find the lume to be more than adequate as well.

Another nice thing about the Doxa GMT's is that they appear to use the best quality movement in the current Doxa lineup. These movements have the higher quality Glucydur balance, Nivarox 1 spring and are adjusted to 5 positions...Truly a Top grade movement, IMO!

If you have a good opportunity to get one of these...I say go for it!:)

Steve

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
My GMT is my favorite Doxa. If I was forced to choose only one, the GMT would be it. It's one of the easiest GMT setups to use. When I'm not traveling I have it set to local and Zulu. When I travel there's no messing with the movement like many other GMTs. I just use the adjustable Bezel to set to whatever timezone I'm in. So unlike most GMTs you can keep track of three timezones with ease. Add to that a real dive watch with the best bezel and most readable dial in the business and you can't lose.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts