WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen very little discussion on this watch. I travel a lot, so I'm considering one. But it'd be my first JLC, and I think it may not be "dressy" enough for my purpose. Before this I was set on either an MC or an MUT Moon.. thoughts?

Edit: my post count is too low to put in links or images. My apologies for the lack of a link/pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,976 Posts
I've tried on that watch and it looks awesome in the flesh. Thing is I would probably get sick of that dial very quickly, looks amazing but for how long, when you have to love with it, who knows

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried on that watch and it looks awesome in the flesh. Thing is I would probably get sick of that dial very quickly, looks amazing but for how long, when you have to love with it, who knows
Yeah, I think I need to see it in person and decide for myself.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Master Control Ultra Thin Moon is obviously a way more understated and classic look. The deadbeat seconds feature is cool but I agree with Gunnar - your eyes might get sick of that world time dial (a problem I can't foresee with the MUT Moon). It might not be as big an issue if you have a pretty varied collection already. Good luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe if there were just minute dots on the world map for the key cities, with the graphics bigger and without the letters around the outside of the dial and the effect would be to create a more elegant/abstract look?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Maybe if there were just minute dots on the world map for the key cities, with the graphics bigger and without the letters around the outside of the dial and the effect would be to create a more elegant/abstract look?
Not sure what you mean here, but if you don't want the city names, then I feel like Master Geographic has you covered with none of the downsides of the Universal Time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry. I wasn’t being very clear. I thought the display looked too busy with all the capitals of the world, although they may be very important for the function of the watch. I did like the map. I agree with your thought about the master geographic offering that more minimalistic type of approach.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry. I wasn’t being very clear. I thought the display looked too busy with all the capitals of the world, although they may be very important for the function of the watch. I did like the map. I agree with your thought about the master geographic offering that more minimalistic type of approach.
IF you like the cities, but think this is too busy, you can try a Nomos Weltzeit as well--I think it's really more of a competitor to a MG than anything else.

·
Registered
729 Posts
A weltzeit isn't a "true worldtimer", right?
something about the moving discs of a worldtimer is pretty hypnotizing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went to the NYC Boutique to try it on after looking at a bunch of worldtimer options out there. Can't stop thinking about the Universal Time... it's beautiful.

IMG_0428.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts