WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

Your opinion on the watch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been eying Tissots as my first "nice" for the last month, none of the models really "spoke" to me, I just wanted a good watch for daily wear. PRC 200, PRC 100 titanium, PRS 200, PRS 516, PRX were some of the models I considered. Chose the PRS 200 from the lot (partly because it had both a divers bezel and tachymeter- uncommon in a watch), still I felt it just wasn't worth the 420$ I was going to pay for it.

But I just chanced upon the Blue Seastar 1000 (quartz) and it was love at first sight, the "finish" of this particular model seemed to blow the other ones off the water. Specs- WR upto 300m (sweet), ceramic bezel (yay, no scratches!), blue tinted lume (classy!), an engraved sea horse logo on the case back (I hated the bland ones on the regular Tissots) and only a 100 dollar difference from the black PRS 200 I had chose initially. 520$ for the Seastar vs 420$ for the PRS 200. The PRS 200 is a good watch but 420$ seemed too much for what it offered.

I've been reading up on the model on WUS, one issue with some of the Seastar Autos seem to be the lume dot on the bezel loosing colour just after a shower etc. Does the same problem appear with the quartz version? In that case shouldn't the PRS 200 exhibit the same problem?

wpid-wp-1413973564861.jpg wpid-wp-1413962665720.jpg wpid-wp-1413964657469.jpg $_3.JPG tissot-t-sport-t066-417-11-047-00-1.jpg.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't find any shots of its blue tinted lume online. Would love it if owners of this model could post opinions/pics showing how the watch has held up, a shot of the lume etc.

I'm planning on purchasing the model within 10 days, review coming up soon :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My input may be a bit late but I recently got this watch in Falmouth, Jamaica and I have absolutely loved it!

It was either this or a Hamilton as my starter "real" watch and I chose this because of the diver style and size, as well as weight. Best $500 USD retail I ever spent!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts