WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the odd recommendation for a Yonger & Bresson pop up now and then, usually in a Bell & Ross homage thread.

Any owners in the house have an opinion about their Y&B they'd like to share? I'm thinking about using some giftcards toward one, but since I have so little experience with the brand I'd like some reassurance (or dissuasion).

Obligatory pictures:

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Went and read the description of the watch by the company. This sentence made me spit up my soda.....
"Precise Quartz movement and mineral crystal window are just a few of the details that make this watch so impressive."

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah, these definitely aren't high end. Nor do they use Y&B's in-house movements. But I know what I'm getting. Plenty of values to be had in the quartz/mineral space, though. Is this one of them? ;-)

EDIT: Just to add some more fuel to the fire, here is one of my favorite Y&B pieces. This one does use their in-house automatic with 45-hr power reserve:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Unless it's a Bagelsport, I'm not too hot about a crown logo.

Don't know about the movements, but the designs look decently clean, otherwise.

I prefer the black-dial versions better.

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
I see the odd recommendation for a Yonger & Bresson pop up now and then, usually in a Bell & Ross homage thread.

Any owners in the house have an opinion about their Y&B they'd like to share? I'm thinking about using some giftcards toward one, but since I have so little experience with the brand I'd like some reassurance (or dissuasion).
Hi Jake,

I have no experience with their quartz pieces (except an old chronograph from the 80s') but I'm the very happy owner of three excellent auto watches :

Diderot 11

YONGER & BRESSON - Diderot

Review : Yonger & bresson - YBH 8311K

Diderot 16

https://www.watchuseek.com/f78/yonger-bresson-8316-diderot-line-506240.html

Dumas

Yonger & Bresson "DUMAS" - YBH8327

Review : https://www.watchuseek.com/f67/yonger-bresson-dumas-ybh8327-620827.html

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
That Diderot 16 is my very favourite watch on this forum. It does things to me that I am embarrassed to talk about in mixed company. As a Biblical scholar, I know I'm not supposed to covet my neighbour's wife nor his oxen nor even his watch, but dammit Reno, I want your Diderot!

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
Whew, that is muy caliente! :-!

But are you biased as a frenchman? :p
ABSOLUTELY ! :-d

Apart that, they're really nice watches ;-)

That Diderot 16 is my very favourite watch on this forum. It does things to me that I am embarrassed to talk about in mixed company. As a Biblical scholar, I know I'm not supposed to covet my neighbour's wife nor his oxen nor even his watch, but dammit Reno, I want your Diderot!
:-d

Tres belle, that Diderot 16.
Merci spacetimefabric :)

Where can I buy this Reno?
Unfortunately, it's out of stock for a bit more than a year now.

If it may ease the pain, I must say it was quite expensive, at ~600€ :-$

This one is nice too:

Yup, that one too |>

For those interested, here a several review on a french forum :

Montres pour Gens Normaux - Les Epicuriens du Tout • Voir le sujet - Quelques Yonger & Bresson

Montres pour Gens Normaux - Les Epicuriens du Tout • Voir le sujet - Yonger & Bresson Diderot

Montres pour Gens Normaux - Les Epicuriens du Tout • Voir le sujet - YONGER & BRESSON DIDEROT 8311K-09

Montres pour Gens Normaux - Les Epicuriens du Tout • Voir le sujet - Yonger & Bresson "la boissière"

Montres pour Gens Normaux - Les Epicuriens du Tout • Voir le sujet - [revue] Yonger & Bresson Automatique

Montres pour Gens Normaux - Les Epicuriens du Tout • Voir le sujet - Yonger & Bresson Diderot 8311 blanche

Montres pour Gens Normaux - Les Epicuriens du Tout • Voir le sujet - [Revue] Yonger & Bresson Diderot YBH 8316-02

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
When I opened the link, two were still available at $367...:think:
And they got snatched up immediately by people lurking this thread, lol! :)

I did not need that link, though, Ilyria! I thought I knew all of Amazon's offerings under the "Yonger & Bresson" brand! Turns out they have hundreds more under just "Yonger"! Ugh.

This destro GMT AUTO is hot and only $140! (Almost makes me think something is amiss...)

EDIT: Just a word to the wise -- the Amazon seller, Swiss Time, has some real issues with their product photos. Many of the photos they have for Y&B items do not match the description or model number. No impulse buys -- do your research. Example: they have this photo

For their listing for the 8343-11, which is actually this watch:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The prices of these watches has dropped dramatically in the last couple of months. Perhaps the company is having trouble selling them? Or perhaps there is a lot of bait and switch going on?

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
The prices of these watches has dropped dramatically in the last couple of months. Perhaps the company is having trouble selling them? Or perhaps there is a lot of bait and switch going on?
The retail prices are in the same range than TISSOT :think: it may be a bit too high for the general public, and not expensive enough for the watch amateur :think:

Incidentally, I just ordered this morning a "Lavalière"…

… for 155€ inculding shipping :-! from a private sale : vente-privee.com

·
Registered
287 Posts
Awesome, is that one with the new high beat in house movement? If so, one of your pictorials might just push me over the edge. Although those factory prices are hiiiigh.

·
Registered
25,151 Posts
Awesome, is that one with the new high beat in house movement? If so, one of your pictorials might just push me over the edge. Although those factory prices are hiiiigh.
Absolutely, it's the AMBRE MPB1000 :-!

I initially had my eyes on the Montfort when it was first issued :

but I was worried about the small second… I wanted a big second hand, to fully enjoy the 28800 bph :)

This Lavalière is perfect for me :-!

Reactions: JakeJD
1 - 20 of 36 Posts