Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the C-D Trident FCX 2 and the CW Trident GMT
Both are black face, steel bracelets, new
obvioulsy there are function differences
price for both is the same

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,063 Posts
Your description leadsme to believe they are essentially identical, right down to the price. Go for the one that you like the appearance of the most...or flip a coin!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
My opinon is that Chris Ward has a better rep amongst enthusiasts than Chase Durer...

Plus what is that monstrosity on the Chase's bracelet?

The CW

To me it's a no brainer....

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Come on Dennis, knock it off w/ the pics already. Can't you use the visual imagery in your mind. Have patience my friend and the pics will come all in due time as they did in this thread and not because you told them to.
cottontop

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
Come on Dennis, knock it off w/ the pics already. Can't you use the visual imagery in your mind. Have patience my friend and the pics will come all in due time as they did in this thread and not because you told them to.
cottontop
He can't help it, it's like a pavlovian response.

CW for me too. Although I'm not 100% sold on the chubby hands.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
He can't help it, it's like a pavlovian response.
Correct. Post a thread asking for opinions on which watch looks better without photos to look at will garner the above response - as it should. I'm not the only one who thinks so either. Luckily I'm on a "be more polite" kick. A few months ago I would have replied with something like this:

ulackfocus said:
....or this:

ulackfocus said:
No pics = no help. Google some pronto if you expect any responses.
After all, if the OP wants our help the least they can do is spend a minute adding one lousy picture of each watch so we don't have to Google back & forth. Make it convenient for the experienced veterans when you want to take up their time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I just looked at the CW and what I think is the CD. If I am correct they are 2 very different watches. The CW has a classic look and is an automatic and cost much less than the CD. The CD is quartz and has everything but the kitchen sink on it. It also costs much more than the CW. The CW could be worn as a dress watch with a leather strap. The CD looks like it is just for 1 thing....diving. I know that I could have looked at the wrong CD, but from the movement and looks alone, I would go Christopher Ward all the way.
Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sl7vk has posted the correct photos
the watches are very different functionally
The CD is NOS from a going out of business jewelry store (not gray market or off seller).
So the prices are exactly the same when you figure in shipping

The CW distractions for me are the hands and the design on the face.
The CD distrations are the busy face and the two extra "watches".
The CD has more functions than I would ever really use but somehow I am drawn to it
The CW is the best looking GMT type watch (in my price range) that I am drawn to

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
I love my Chase-Durer, but in all honesty, neither of these really do anything for me. I'd take the CW since it's just that bit cleaner and more classically styled, whereas the Chase-Durer does look like it's trying a bit too hard. I don't like wave dials though, so in reality, I'd buy neither.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Go for the CD, you can pull the barometer and altimeter (or whatever they are) off and you have a normal watch. Not a fan of the CW. Of course you coulsd also save money and get an OM or a BM or spend more for a JLC.... It's up to you... :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
The CW... hands aren't as bad in person IMO. For the price it's a great watch with a great movement. Pic of mine for Dennis:

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
CW sure has some nice looking watches.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts