WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Honest Opinions on Grey Zulu for Grey B1

• Looks Great! Goes with the watch well.

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Looks OK but another color would look better. (Please specify which color)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Not a good Idea. Has a negative effect on the classic look of the B1.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Not a good match at all. Never put a Nato/Zulu on a B1.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Charles,

Yup -- Nick's strap is 22mm (and is very sweet).

The grey band, however, is actually a 20mm NATO fitted on the 22mm interhorn watch.
The gap is not very noticeable, but once you know it's there... :oops: you see it. ;-)

Cheers!
Don
Wow. I never noticed. thats another thing IO like about zulus and nato straps. :-!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Much too nice of a watch to put on such a mundane strap. Maybe a nice leather, but not a nato.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Much too nice of a watch to put on such a mundane strap. Maybe a nice leather, but not a nato.
While I certainly won't argue that it's a nice watch, I have to disagree about the NATO -- this watch was practically made for this strap. I haven't gotten around to taking pics, but I've got gray, olive drab, desert sand, and black NATOs for my B-1, and I think that it looks fantastic on all of them.

Regards,
Adam

PS - I think that the Slate dial on gray NATO looks killer!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While I certainly won't argue that it's a nice watch, I have to disagree about the NATO -- this watch was practically made for this strap. I haven't gotten around to taking pics, but I've got gray, olive drab, desert sand, and black NATOs for my B-1, and I think that it looks fantastic on all of them.

Regards,
Adam

PS - I think that the Slate dial on gray NATO looks killer!
I agree on the slate grey with the grey Nato are perfect. its like they color matched the dial!
its damn close anyeway.

These watches were made to take an ass whoopin. with a Zulu your less likely to lose her..........

Plus they look cool, aginst the grain, different.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks great! I have mine (black dial) on a tan Zulu (2 ring). I found that the standoff from the Zulu improved audibility of the alarm as well.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great! I have mine (black dial) on a tan Zulu (2 ring). I found that the standoff from the Zulu improved audibility of the alarm as well.

Interesting.

You saying that the part that goes across the caseback actually improved the sound?

I was worried it would muffle it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Do you have any pics of your black dial on the tan? Would love to see what that looks like.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts