WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love everything about this watch - price, quality, vintage/classic look. I also like the look of the stock jubilee bracelet, but it seems to have a lot of negative reviews. The most common concerns seem to be weight, and how it stretches over time. The weight issue doesn't bother me, but how long does it take for the bracelet to stretch? I wouldn't mind buying a new bracelet every couple of years, but don't want to buy one every six months. I'm also not insterested in aftermarket options, such as the super jubilee. It doesn't look right at the lugs. Since I've never handled one on the bracelet in person, and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Wearing the 007 on jubilee right now and I think it's wonderful. I mean you have to remember that it's a bracelet on a 150 dollar watch and the design has changed little in like 20+ years. I'd say for one, if it worked well enough to produce for as long as they have and it feels as comfortable as it does for the price it's a good bracelet. I personally think it's more comfortable then my MM300 bracelet but clearly on different planets in terms of substance and build quality. It's like a mix between strap and bracelet and I like it. I want to try the presidential bracelet as I think it would feel similar and I like it's look better.

For what the stock jubilee is I'd say it's pretty awesome. I may pick up a super oyster, super jubilee, or Seiko presidntial but only because I want to see if I like them more then the stock jubilee not because I don't like it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It's fine. I've worn one for years with no obvious stretching. I'd image it'd be more prone to stretch if worn too tightly. Even if it does stretch, it wouldn't take much work with a pair of smooth-jaw pliers to make it like new again. Personally, I don't mind bracelets with folded links. None of the aftermarket bracelets fit as well at the lugs as the genuine Seiko bracelets, IMHO.

Myles

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
They are very comfortable! Like Selym said, wearing it too tightly is what could potentially lead to stretching the folded links, which can happen with a lot of bracelets. Here's a simple way to test if you have a bracelet sized too tightly... While wearing the watch, flip the palm of your hand up vertically. You want a small amount of slack to still be present when you try to move the watch around with your free hand. If at that point it is digging into your wrist and has no slack whatsoever, it is too tight and will eventually stretch the links. That's also how most spring-bars are bent (usually the thinner variety).

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
The originals are a bit light weight but a very comfortable design and should last with proper fit and regular cleaning. I've ordered a super jubilee though as I prefer the solid links.
dP

·
Registered
980 Posts
I got my first 009 a few months ago. When I first opened the box I thought the watch was really nice but the bracelet was junk. It rattled and felt light and cheap, like it was made from old Coors light cans. I sized it and started wearing it..I have to say I really like it! It is one of the most comfortable watch bracelets I have ever had on my wrist, and I think it looks good too. It has become my daily wearer, and I was so impressed I bought a 007 too. In my opinion this could be the best value in the watch world.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
You may feel it's a bit light at first, but once you start wearing it, you'll realize it's actually not bad at all. Very comfortable and looks great too. I wouldn't worry about stretching either.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I also think the Jubilee is quite comfy. Unfortunately, my wrist swells a bit during the day, and on its loosest setting the Jubilee gets to be too tight (my wrist is slightly more than 8"). If it was just a couple millimeters longer at its loosest setting, I'd probably wear the Jubilee more often.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input. Hiro1963, your photo is great! The bracelet does look very comfortable when you see the wrist shot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
One of the things that surprised me the most about my 007 was how much I liked the bracelet. Super comfy. I wore mine nearly every day for a year, and I haven't seen any stretching.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've worn mine every day for 2-years straight. No stretching yet, and it's super comfortable. Rolex's had folded bracelets not too long ago.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Does anyone have the seiko part number for the stock bracelet?

Mine is on a Nato, and I'd like to get the jubilee....

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Despite the stock Jubilee's rattliness (jangling?) it is comfortable with such a fairly heavy watch. It looks good, and as said before, it is a proven design.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Too early for me to comment on stretching but I find it super comfortable.

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
If the stock jubilee had a spring clasp I think I would have stuck with it longer. I don't mind the folded end links and even the hollow internal links but for some reason I get hung up on clasps and that friction clasp is for the birds.

Was very comfortable, but I like the look of the oyster better.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The Seiko Jubilee bracelet is the most comfortable bracelet I've ever used, it's pure awesomeness and I love it. It doesn't feel as solid as some aftermarket bracelets but it adapts to the wrists movements and I love the rattly vintage feel that the folded mid links give this bracelet. I say try it for a while and if it's not for you try something else, but at least give it a chance.

The only thing I don't like is the polished mid links, but that's an easy fix with a scotch brite pad.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
...it adapts to the wrists movements and I love the rattly vintage feel that the folded mid links give this bracelet...
+1 for comfort.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts